Suspension for nurse accused of having a relationship with his patient
Ronald Katabarwa is accused of misconduct while he worked at the Coombe Wood Mother and Baby unit in Park Royal
A nurse accused of having a relationship with a vulnerable patient at a mother and baby home where he worked has been temporarily suspended from his profession.
Last week, Ronald Katabarwa was given the 18-month intern order to allow the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) to investigate the claims further.
Mr Katabarwa is accused of having a relationship with the mother after she was admitted to the Coombe Wood Mother and Baby unit which is based next to Central Middlesex Hospital in Park Royal.
The unit, which cares for mothers with mental health problems, is run by the Central and North West London mental health trust.
You may also want to watch:
The NMC will also look into claims he kept confidential patient information on his personal mobile phone which was accessed by a third party.
If any of the claims are proven he will face disciplinary action which could result in a further suspension order or being struck off the nursing register.
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Teenager jailed after robbing sex worker at knifepoint
- 4 Police appeal for missing woman from Cricklewood
- 5 The Repair Shop’s Jay Blades on how he mended his own life
- 6 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 7 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 8 Kilburn residents shout 'save our square' from over-development
- 9 Exhibition celebrating Gujarati influences launches in Willesden
- 10 Police officer convicted after being caught drink driving