Suspension for nurse accused of having a relationship with his patient
Ronald Katabarwa is accused of misconduct while he worked at the Coombe Wood Mother and Baby unit in Park Royal
A nurse accused of having a relationship with a vulnerable patient at a mother and baby home where he worked has been temporarily suspended from his profession.
Last week, Ronald Katabarwa was given the 18-month intern order to allow the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) to investigate the claims further.
Mr Katabarwa is accused of having a relationship with the mother after she was admitted to the Coombe Wood Mother and Baby unit which is based next to Central Middlesex Hospital in Park Royal.
The unit, which cares for mothers with mental health problems, is run by the Central and North West London mental health trust.
You may also want to watch:
The NMC will also look into claims he kept confidential patient information on his personal mobile phone which was accessed by a third party.
If any of the claims are proven he will face disciplinary action which could result in a further suspension order or being struck off the nursing register.
- 1 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 5 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 6 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 7 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 8 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 9 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 10 Wealdstone still chasing new signings but patience is key, says Maynard