Psychiatrist wins funding to launch new project to help alcoholics in Brent
- Credit: Archant
A liaison psychiatrist based at Northwick Park Hospital has won a grant to fund a new project to help alcoholics in Brent.
The programme led by Dr Alex Thomson will help patients struggling with the symptoms associated with the withdrawal of alcohol.
Using medication and education the project will ensure that patients are receiving the recommended treatments.
Throughout their treatment any changes will be recorded as will their reaction and their experience.
Dr Thomson said: “We hope that the changes will mean that people with alcohol dependence spend less time in hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
“We’re going to approach patient groups in Brent and Harrow, and ask them the best way to involve patients in developing and delivering our training.”
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 5 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 9 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 10 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings