Psychiatrist wins funding to launch new project to help alcoholics in Brent
- Credit: Archant
A liaison psychiatrist based at Northwick Park Hospital has won a grant to fund a new project to help alcoholics in Brent.
The programme led by Dr Alex Thomson will help patients struggling with the symptoms associated with the withdrawal of alcohol.
Using medication and education the project will ensure that patients are receiving the recommended treatments.
Throughout their treatment any changes will be recorded as will their reaction and their experience.
Dr Thomson said: “We hope that the changes will mean that people with alcohol dependence spend less time in hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
“We’re going to approach patient groups in Brent and Harrow, and ask them the best way to involve patients in developing and delivering our training.”
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 6 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 7 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 8 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 9 'Cowardly' government accused by Brent MP of siding with 'bad bosses'
- 10 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'