Psychiatrist wins funding to launch new project to help alcoholics in Brent
- Credit: Archant
A liaison psychiatrist based at Northwick Park Hospital has won a grant to fund a new project to help alcoholics in Brent.
The programme led by Dr Alex Thomson will help patients struggling with the symptoms associated with the withdrawal of alcohol.
Using medication and education the project will ensure that patients are receiving the recommended treatments.
Throughout their treatment any changes will be recorded as will their reaction and their experience.
Dr Thomson said: “We hope that the changes will mean that people with alcohol dependence spend less time in hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
“We’re going to approach patient groups in Brent and Harrow, and ask them the best way to involve patients in developing and delivering our training.”
- 1 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 2 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 3 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 4 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Community vegetable patch in Kilburn under threat
- 7 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent pupils raise £1,000 to support sickle cell sufferers
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds