Psychiatrist wins funding to launch new project to help alcoholics in Brent
- Credit: Archant
A liaison psychiatrist based at Northwick Park Hospital has won a grant to fund a new project to help alcoholics in Brent.
The programme led by Dr Alex Thomson will help patients struggling with the symptoms associated with the withdrawal of alcohol.
Using medication and education the project will ensure that patients are receiving the recommended treatments.
Throughout their treatment any changes will be recorded as will their reaction and their experience.
Dr Thomson said: “We hope that the changes will mean that people with alcohol dependence spend less time in hospital.”
You may also want to watch:
“We’re going to approach patient groups in Brent and Harrow, and ask them the best way to involve patients in developing and delivering our training.”
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 6 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 7 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 8 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 9 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants
- 10 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding