Patients lose Sudbury GP surgery fight
- Credit: Archant
Sudbury patients fighting to keep their surgery in the hands of their doctors have lost their battle as it goes to a new provider.
Sudbury Primary Care Practice in Watford Road, will be managed by NH Solutions from November 1, replacing the current providers Integrated Health CIC, which was favoured by many patients.
Gaynor Lloyd, patient representative, said: “Neither we nor the GPs and their team currently have much idea what that takeover of the contract by NH Solutions actually means. We do not have any information as to how they run their practices and we are genuinely worried.”
She added: “Surgery staff are very sad and uncertain too. Gone from running a social enterprise the doctors will become employees. They work 8am to 8pm on a Saturday. They won’t do that on a 37 hour contract. We may lose valuable services too.
“We will see what can be done to try to keep what we can of the fantastic spirit of Sudbury Surgery and its amazing patients.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for NHS England (London) and Brent Clinical Commissioning Group said: “Following an open, fair and transparent process, we have selected a new provider to run services at Sudbury and we are informing all patients that NH Solutions will take over running the services from November 1.
“We follow a standard process for procurement for each contract to ensure that we appoint the most suitable provider, capable of delivering excellent, long-term and sustainable GP services for local people.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 3 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 4 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 5 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 6 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 7 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 8 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 9 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 10 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
“We want to reassure patients that the practice will remain open and they will be able to access services at Sudbury as normal. If anyone does have any concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0300 311 22 33.”
A spokeswoman for NHSolutions, which is based in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, said: “We are delighted that we have been appointed as the provider of Sudbury Surgery. We already have a practice based in North West London and are pleased that we have been given the opportunity to add Sudbury to our group. We are looking forward to working with patients, doctors and staff to deliver high quality services.”
NHSolutions are due to held a meeting with patients tomorrow.