Patient pleads to Prime Minister to stop changes to her GP surgery in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
A disabled NHS patient from Sudbury Town has started a petition pleading with the prime minister to save her successful GP surgery from new ownership.
Grace Balogan a patient at the Sudbury Primary Care Centre in Watford Road, is asking David Cameron to intervene in the “sale” of the popular practice and already has 229 signatures in support of her petition.
The surgery’s three-year contract with Intergrated Health CIC is ending and has been “put out for tender” to other competitors against huge public opposition.
Last month, Ms Balogan and fellow campaigners took a 3,700 signature petition to the headquarters of NHS Improvement, which is responsible for overseeing foundation trusts and NHS trusts.
Ms Balogan said: “I am calling on David Cameron, Jeremy Hunt and The Queen to intervene and ask NHS England to take my Doctors ‘practice out of the tender now.
You may also want to watch:
“I suffer from a range of major health issues which means that I live my life in a wheelchair. I have a good and happy life – or I did until NHS England decided – without asking me – that it would be a good idea to take away from me the family doctors who have cared for me for the last 14 years.”
A spokeswoman for NHS England said: “The contract at Sudbury Vale was coming to an end and so, in order to continue the service we were obliged to undertake a procurement process to commission a provider.”
To sign the petition visit here.
- 1 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 2 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 3 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 QPR determined to remain among Championship front-runners
- 7 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 8 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent