Patient pleads to Prime Minister to stop changes to her GP surgery in Sudbury
- Credit: Archant
A disabled NHS patient from Sudbury Town has started a petition pleading with the prime minister to save her successful GP surgery from new ownership.
Grace Balogan a patient at the Sudbury Primary Care Centre in Watford Road, is asking David Cameron to intervene in the “sale” of the popular practice and already has 229 signatures in support of her petition.
The surgery’s three-year contract with Intergrated Health CIC is ending and has been “put out for tender” to other competitors against huge public opposition.
Last month, Ms Balogan and fellow campaigners took a 3,700 signature petition to the headquarters of NHS Improvement, which is responsible for overseeing foundation trusts and NHS trusts.
Ms Balogan said: “I am calling on David Cameron, Jeremy Hunt and The Queen to intervene and ask NHS England to take my Doctors ‘practice out of the tender now.
You may also want to watch:
“I suffer from a range of major health issues which means that I live my life in a wheelchair. I have a good and happy life – or I did until NHS England decided – without asking me – that it would be a good idea to take away from me the family doctors who have cared for me for the last 14 years.”
A spokeswoman for NHS England said: “The contract at Sudbury Vale was coming to an end and so, in order to continue the service we were obliged to undertake a procurement process to commission a provider.”
To sign the petition visit here.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 3 Person injured after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 4 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 5 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 6 Mother of newborn baby found in Willesden canal urged to seek medical help
- 7 Body of newborn baby found in Grand Union Canal in Willesden
- 8 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 9 Summer of Play season launch in Wembley Park this June
- 10 Man jailed after assaulting police officers while drunk