Covid: Northwick Park Hospital in need of booster vaccine volunteers
- Credit: PA
Northwick Park Hospital is looking for volunteers to take part in its third Covid-19 trial since the start of the pandemic.
The study will test a new booster vaccine ensuring it is safe and provides an effective immune response.
The hospital in Watford Road is looking for volunteers who have had two doses of the Oxford/AstraZeneca or the Pfizer vaccine with the second dose at least four months ago.
Volunteers will receive one booster shot followed by six follow-up visits over course of a year when blood will be taken to test the vaccination’s longevity.
Participants must be over 18.
Dr Ashley Whittington, an infectious diseases consultant, said: “Volunteers have made an invaluable contribution to the fight against Covid-19 and we are keen to hear from anyone who can spare the time to take part in the trial.”
For more information visit www.sanofistudies.com/covidbooster
- 1 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 2 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 3 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 4 Dogs kill 'much-loved pet' in Brent park attack
- 5 Police officers who shared photos of murdered sisters to be sentenced early next month
- 6 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 7 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 QPR boss Warburton praises Andre Gray after beating Derby County
- 10 Wembley Stadium hosts careers expo to help Brent young people into City jobs