Northwick Park nurses pick up Glamour award amid pandemic
- Credit: LNWH
Three Northwick Park nurses have been recognised in the Glamour stakes for their outstanding contribution to the pandemic effort.
Nurses Carol Galvin, Laura Norman and Geobina George picked up the Special Gamechanging Award on behalf of all women working in the NHS at the annual Glamour Women of the Year Awards 2021.
The members of staff from Northwick Park Hospital were chosen to accept the national award for their outstanding contribution during the pandemic.
Carol works as a matron in critical care, Goebina is a staff nurse in the high dependency unit, while Laura is an A&E matron at the Watford Road hospital.
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan, who introduced the winners at the virtual event on March 11, said:
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted to express my heartfelt thanks to all the frontline NHS workers who continue to pull out all the stops to save lives and keep us safe, from the doctors and nurses to the cooks, cleaners, porters and care staff. Your actions over the last year have been truly heroic.”
- 1 Seven sought over Wembley gang attack that left man with severed ear
- 2 Wembley firefighter looks back as he retires after 30 years
- 3 Woman's 'shock' at male officer sent to welfare check at Wembley hotel
- 4 One in billion DNA match links teenager to sisters' murder in Kingsbury, court told
- 5 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 6 CCTV image released in Kilburn indecent exposure investigation
- 7 EFL fixtures release: QPR kick off at home to London rivals Millwall
- 8 All you need to know about tickets for Boxpark's Euro 2020 screenings
- 9 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 10 Police guarded bushes where two sisters bodies were overnight, court hears