Northwick Park nurses pick up Glamour award amid pandemic
- Credit: LNWH
Three Northwick Park nurses have been recognised in the Glamour stakes for their outstanding contribution to the pandemic effort.
Nurses Carol Galvin, Laura Norman and Geobina George picked up the Special Gamechanging Award on behalf of all women working in the NHS at the annual Glamour Women of the Year Awards 2021.
The members of staff from Northwick Park Hospital were chosen to accept the national award for their outstanding contribution during the pandemic.
Carol works as a matron in critical care, Goebina is a staff nurse in the high dependency unit, while Laura is an A&E matron at the Watford Road hospital.
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan, who introduced the winners at the virtual event on March 11, said:
You may also want to watch:
“I wanted to express my heartfelt thanks to all the frontline NHS workers who continue to pull out all the stops to save lives and keep us safe, from the doctors and nurses to the cooks, cleaners, porters and care staff. Your actions over the last year have been truly heroic.”
- 1 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 2 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 4 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
- 5 QPR boss Warburton praises hard-working Dykes
- 6 Lessons from the Covid pandemic: we need a revolution!
- 7 Wembley Stadium wins approval to hold more events
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Brent arts organisations awarded over £1m in Covid recovery funding
- 10 Brent Council to issue water bill refunds to council tenants