North West London NHS Trust boss to step into additional role in Ealing
David McVittie to oversee two health trusts months after �30m merger was announced
A hospital chief has been named as the new boss of a neighbouring health trust months after a merger between the two organisations were given the green light.
David McVittie, chief executive at The North West London Hospitals NHS Trust (NWLH), is also to become acting chief executive for Ealing Hospital NHS Trust (EH).
He will step into the additional role when Julie Lowe leaves on January 18.
She is to become chief executive of North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust.
You may also want to watch:
NWLH manages Northwick Park and St Mark’s Hospital, both in Harrow, and Central Middlesex Hospital in Park Royal.
As the acting boss of EH he will also oversee Ealing Hospital.
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 3 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 4 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 5 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 6 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 7 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 8 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
Mr McVittie said: “I am delighted to take on this joint role and am looking forward to working with patients and the dedicated staff at Ealing so we can improve care for local people.
“Ms Lowe will be a hard act follow. “She has left us an important legacy which we can build on as we move towards creating one new organisation managing all hospital and community services across the three boroughs, which is ultimately about improving care for patients.”
The new organisation, which will be called London North West Healthcare NHS Trust, will serve the boroughs of Brent, Harrow and Ealing.
The merger will cost around �30million.