NHS forum will take place today to discuss future health services in Brent
Health chiefs are holding a forum this evening where patients, carers and residents can discuss the services that need to be provided in Brent.
NHS Brent Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), which is responsible for planning and designing many health services in the borough, aim to have a candid talk with attendees about their plans for 2015/16.
Dr Ethie Kong, a local GP and chair of Brent CCG, said: “Brent CCG is looking at what health services need to be provided next year, and it’s important that the people who use these services have a say in what is required.
“We want to have an open and honest discussion with residents about their priorities for next year, and how the local NHS can best use its resources to provide and improve care.
“Providing more health services in a community setting, making it easier to see a GP when you need to, and changing the way mental health services are among the changes we want to make next year.
You may also want to watch:
“Once our priorities have been agreed, we will work with the local hospitals, other care providers and of course patients, to decide how best to provide these services.”
The forum will take place today at Bridge Park Community Leisure Centre in Harrow Road, Stonebridge, from 6-8pm.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 4 QPR move into top 10 with win at Middlesbrough despite Dieng dismissal
- 5 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
- 6 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
For more information and to register for the event email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8795 6107/6122.
You can register at the forum from 5.15pm.