NHS forum will take place today to discuss future health services in Brent
Health chiefs are holding a forum this evening where patients, carers and residents can discuss the services that need to be provided in Brent.
NHS Brent Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), which is responsible for planning and designing many health services in the borough, aim to have a candid talk with attendees about their plans for 2015/16.
Dr Ethie Kong, a local GP and chair of Brent CCG, said: “Brent CCG is looking at what health services need to be provided next year, and it’s important that the people who use these services have a say in what is required.
“We want to have an open and honest discussion with residents about their priorities for next year, and how the local NHS can best use its resources to provide and improve care.
“Providing more health services in a community setting, making it easier to see a GP when you need to, and changing the way mental health services are among the changes we want to make next year.
“Once our priorities have been agreed, we will work with the local hospitals, other care providers and of course patients, to decide how best to provide these services.”
The forum will take place today at Bridge Park Community Leisure Centre in Harrow Road, Stonebridge, from 6-8pm.
- 1 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 2 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 3 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 4 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 5 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 6 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 7 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 8 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 9 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
For more information and to register for the event email email@example.com or call 020 8795 6107/6122.
You can register at the forum from 5.15pm.