Michelle Collins made ambassador of Cricklewood charity’s Dementia Friendly Brent
- Credit: Archant
A former soap star has been made an ambassador of a dementia group in Cricklewood.
Michelle Collins has been made ambassador for Dementia Friendly Brent, set up by Ashford Place.
In 2017 the charity in Ashford Road established its own dementia cafe, one of 16 cafes they have created since then.
Michelle, who has starred in Coronation Street, Eastenders, Casualty and Dr Who on screen and Calendar Girls and The Vagina Monologues on stage, said:”Dementia is touching the lives of almost everyone I know at the moment.
The work Ashford Place is doing by normalising the lives and supporting those living with and supporting those with dementia is exemplary. I am looking forward to giving my support to this amazing organisation”.
You may also want to watch:
Ashford Place chief Danny Maher said: “We are delighted that Michelle has agreed to support our important work to raise awareness of dementia across all sections of the community and to help people living with memory loss to be part of their community with as much independence as they are comfortable with, and for as long as they are able.”
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 5 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 8 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named