Michelle Collins made ambassador of Cricklewood charity’s Dementia Friendly Brent
- Credit: Archant
A former soap star has been made an ambassador of a dementia group in Cricklewood.
Michelle Collins has been made ambassador for Dementia Friendly Brent, set up by Ashford Place.
In 2017 the charity in Ashford Road established its own dementia cafe, one of 16 cafes they have created since then.
Michelle, who has starred in Coronation Street, Eastenders, Casualty and Dr Who on screen and Calendar Girls and The Vagina Monologues on stage, said:”Dementia is touching the lives of almost everyone I know at the moment.
The work Ashford Place is doing by normalising the lives and supporting those living with and supporting those with dementia is exemplary. I am looking forward to giving my support to this amazing organisation”.
You may also want to watch:
Ashford Place chief Danny Maher said: “We are delighted that Michelle has agreed to support our important work to raise awareness of dementia across all sections of the community and to help people living with memory loss to be part of their community with as much independence as they are comfortable with, and for as long as they are able.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 3 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 8 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 9 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man