Medics from Northwick Park Hospital travel to Ghana to provide medical care
- Credit: Archant
Staff from Northwick Park Hospital have flown out to Ghana to provide care for patients which might otherwise be unavailable.
Eight members of clinical staff flew out to St Joseph’s Hospital in the town of Jirapa today at their own expense for a week long stay.
The team are working in support of the charity N-GHASaid (Northwick Park Ghana Hospitals and School Aid) and will run clinics and perform surgery that would otherwise be unavailable.
N-GHASaid is a registered charity established in 2011 by staff working in the anaesthetic department of Northwick Park Hospital in Watford Road, Sudbury.
Dr Mike Brunner, consultant anaesthetist at the hospital, said: “The charity has equipped an operating suite at St Joseph’s Hospital which is now fully functioning. Information about our visit is being broadcast on local radio and shared via churches so our team will be working flat out for the week we are there.
You may also want to watch:
“While in Jirapa we will also assess other hospital projects, including a new maternity block which has equipment and 30 beds supplied by N-GHASaid, and be holding meetings with hospital management to discuss future projects.”
In addition to supporting St Joseph’s Hospital the charity provides humanitarian and educational aid to Guo, a village 20km north of Jirapa. The educational support is to the village kindergarten, middle and high school.
For information about N-GHASaid visit n-ghasaid.org.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 View from the community - 'Could another riot happen?'
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 9 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 10 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield