Covid admissions in north west hospitals steadying after Christmas spike
- Credit: PA
The number of Covid patients in north west London hospitals appears to be steadying after a spike over the festive period.
The latest government data shows there were 182 confirmed Covid patients in London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) hospitals as of Tuesday (January 11).
This compares with 179 a week earlier.
LNWH manages three hospitals in Brent - Northwick Park and St Mark's near Harrow and Central Middlesex in Park Royal - as well as Ealing Hospital.
It has remained fairly steady since - peaking at the 200 inpatients recorded last Thursday, January 6.
Of the current Covid patients, 11 are on ventilators across the trust’s hospitals, which is consistent with numbers seen over recent weeks.
- 1 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 2 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 3 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 4 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 5 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data
- 6 Central Mosque of Brent launches Breathe Easy support group
- 7 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 8 Lexi Cinema: Hostile documentary 'shows effect of Theresa May policy'
- 9 HS2: Government hails 'incredible momentum' as Old Oak Common work continues
- 10 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86