Junior doctors on picket line at Sudbury’s Northwick Park Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Picket lines are in place at Northwick Park Hospital as junior doctors strike for the first time in 40 years.
Today is the first of three scheduled walk-outs announced by the British Medical Association (BMA) in response to government changes to junior doctor contracts.
The strike began at 8am at the hospital in Watford Road, Sudbury, and will continue until 8am tomorrow.
Patients in need or urgent or emergency care will still receive treatment, but non-urgent appointments have been cancelled or rescheduled due to the industrial action.
Reporter Nathalie Raffray has joined doctors on the picket line today and will bring you the latest from the walk-out.
You may also want to watch:
If your appointment or operation has been rescheduled or cancelled due to today’s strike, please email email@example.com or call 02074330121.
- 1 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 2 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 6 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 9 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
- 10 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting