Junior doctors on picket line at Sudbury’s Northwick Park Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Picket lines are in place at Northwick Park Hospital as junior doctors strike for the first time in 40 years.
Today is the first of three scheduled walk-outs announced by the British Medical Association (BMA) in response to government changes to junior doctor contracts.
The strike began at 8am at the hospital in Watford Road, Sudbury, and will continue until 8am tomorrow.
Patients in need or urgent or emergency care will still receive treatment, but non-urgent appointments have been cancelled or rescheduled due to the industrial action.
Reporter Nathalie Raffray has joined doctors on the picket line today and will bring you the latest from the walk-out.
You may also want to watch:
If your appointment or operation has been rescheduled or cancelled due to today’s strike, please email email@example.com or call 02074330121.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 8 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 9 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 10 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way