Junior doctors on picket line at Sudbury’s Northwick Park Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Picket lines are in place at Northwick Park Hospital as junior doctors strike for the first time in 40 years.
Today is the first of three scheduled walk-outs announced by the British Medical Association (BMA) in response to government changes to junior doctor contracts.
The strike began at 8am at the hospital in Watford Road, Sudbury, and will continue until 8am tomorrow.
Patients in need or urgent or emergency care will still receive treatment, but non-urgent appointments have been cancelled or rescheduled due to the industrial action.
Reporter Nathalie Raffray has joined doctors on the picket line today and will bring you the latest from the walk-out.
You may also want to watch:
If your appointment or operation has been rescheduled or cancelled due to today’s strike, please email email@example.com or call 02074330121.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital after shooting in Dudden Hill
- 2 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 3 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 4 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 5 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 8 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 9 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 10 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named