Junior doctors on picket line at Sudbury’s Northwick Park Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Picket lines are in place at Northwick Park Hospital as junior doctors strike for the first time in 40 years.
Today is the first of three scheduled walk-outs announced by the British Medical Association (BMA) in response to government changes to junior doctor contracts.
The strike began at 8am at the hospital in Watford Road, Sudbury, and will continue until 8am tomorrow.
Patients in need or urgent or emergency care will still receive treatment, but non-urgent appointments have been cancelled or rescheduled due to the industrial action.
Reporter Nathalie Raffray has joined doctors on the picket line today and will bring you the latest from the walk-out.
You may also want to watch:
If your appointment or operation has been rescheduled or cancelled due to today’s strike, please email email@example.com or call 02074330121.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 4 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 10 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man