Health chiefs urge residents in Brent to take extra care over Christmas
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The local health authority is urging residents to take extra care of themselves during the busy festive period.
The Brent Clinical Commissioning Group (Brent CCG) is also encouraging people be ‘health wise’ by making sure they choose the right NHS service for their health needs.
Dr Ethie Kong, Chair of Brent CCG said: “It’s important that everyone is aware of the best ways of looking after themselves this winter and knows which local NHS services are available to them.
“Self care is the best option if you have a common complaint such as a cold.
Eligible residents have been reminded to claim their free flu jab -available through your local pharmacist or GP.
You may also want to watch:
A number of pharmacies are open in Brent on the public holidays on Christmas day, Boxing day and New Year’s Day.
For more information, visit www.brentccg.nhs.uk.
- 1 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 6 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 7 Mark Warburton insists QPR on right track despite Bristol City defeat
- 8 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 9 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 10 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED