Health chiefs urge residents in Brent to take extra care over Christmas
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The local health authority is urging residents to take extra care of themselves during the busy festive period.
The Brent Clinical Commissioning Group (Brent CCG) is also encouraging people be ‘health wise’ by making sure they choose the right NHS service for their health needs.
Dr Ethie Kong, Chair of Brent CCG said: “It’s important that everyone is aware of the best ways of looking after themselves this winter and knows which local NHS services are available to them.
“Self care is the best option if you have a common complaint such as a cold.
Eligible residents have been reminded to claim their free flu jab -available through your local pharmacist or GP.
You may also want to watch:
A number of pharmacies are open in Brent on the public holidays on Christmas day, Boxing day and New Year’s Day.
For more information, visit www.brentccg.nhs.uk.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 3 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 6 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 7 QPR eager to start climbing the table when they face Derby
- 8 Warburton praises QPR character in win at Cardiff
- 9 Willock earns QPR win in Wales
- 10 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site