Health chiefs urge residents in Brent to take extra care over Christmas
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The local health authority is urging residents to take extra care of themselves during the busy festive period.
The Brent Clinical Commissioning Group (Brent CCG) is also encouraging people be ‘health wise’ by making sure they choose the right NHS service for their health needs.
Dr Ethie Kong, Chair of Brent CCG said: “It’s important that everyone is aware of the best ways of looking after themselves this winter and knows which local NHS services are available to them.
“Self care is the best option if you have a common complaint such as a cold.
Eligible residents have been reminded to claim their free flu jab -available through your local pharmacist or GP.
You may also want to watch:
A number of pharmacies are open in Brent on the public holidays on Christmas day, Boxing day and New Year’s Day.
For more information, visit www.brentccg.nhs.uk.
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 3 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 4 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 5 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 6 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 7 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 8 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 9 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 10 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens