Health chiefs urge residents in Brent to take extra care over Christmas
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The local health authority is urging residents to take extra care of themselves during the busy festive period.
The Brent Clinical Commissioning Group (Brent CCG) is also encouraging people be ‘health wise’ by making sure they choose the right NHS service for their health needs.
Dr Ethie Kong, Chair of Brent CCG said: “It’s important that everyone is aware of the best ways of looking after themselves this winter and knows which local NHS services are available to them.
“Self care is the best option if you have a common complaint such as a cold.
Eligible residents have been reminded to claim their free flu jab -available through your local pharmacist or GP.
A number of pharmacies are open in Brent on the public holidays on Christmas day, Boxing day and New Year’s Day.
For more information, visit www.brentccg.nhs.uk.
- 1 Teenager killed in Stonebridge after collision with a car
- 2 'London’s smallest bus lane' earns Harrow Council £440,000
- 3 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 4 Adomah's late goal wins it for QPR at Coventry
- 5 Below-par QPR found a way to win at Coventry says Warburton
- 6 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 7 Brent LTN removal set to be financed from 'existing council budgets'
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 10 Brent Mosque vaccinates 10,000th person