Health chiefs launch new service for Brent children with eating disorders
- Credit: PA WIRE
Health chiefs have launched a new self-referral community service for children and young people in Brent who are suffering from an eating disorder.
Anyone under the age of 18 who fears they are suffering from conditions such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa can now seek help, advice and support from West London Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) Eating Disorders Service.
Dr Elizabeth Tullett, lead for the service, said: “Eating disorders are an area which people find difficult to talk about.
“It is often especially difficult for young people to talk to parents or their doctor about an eating disorder, which is why it is so important that those that are suffering can access help easily.
“Being based in the community and encouraging people to contact us directly, as well as referrals from parents or caring professionals, will provide better and faster access to medical support.”
You may also want to watch:
The service has been rolled out by North West London Collaboration of Clinical Commissioning Groups alongside Central and North West London NHS Foundation Trust and West London Mental Health Trust.
The trust will accept self-referrals from children and young people, parents, as well as from GPs, health professionals and other professionals, including teachers, working with children and young people.
For more information visit here.
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 3 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 4 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 5 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Tributes paid to Queen's Park charity worker who died after contracting Covid
- 8 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 9 Woman killed after collision with alleged drunk driver in Kenton
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent