Health bosses rapped
HEALTH chiefs have been accused of showing contempt for residents and ignoring their responsibilities after producing a paper on a new health centre – which had no idea where Kilburn was. NHS Camden drew the ire of the public and politicians after writing
HEALTH chiefs have been accused of showing contempt for residents and ignoring their responsibilities after producing a paper on a new health centre - which had no idea where Kilburn was.
NHS Camden drew the ire of the public and politicians after writing a draft paper on Easy Access Health Centres in the borough in which they claim Fortune Green is in Kilburn.
The document is part of a consultation to put two GP led health centres in the borough that would be able to see registered and non-registered patients from 8am to 8pm 365 days a year with or without an appointment.
In it, NHS Camden says Kilburn is an area with a need for such a centre because it has one of the lowest life expectancies in the borough.
You may also want to watch:
The paper reads: 'We propose to locate the Easy Access Centre for the north of the borough in the Fortune Green area of Kilburn.'
Furious residents hit back calling it a disgrace and said there must be a greater commitment from NHS Camden to residents in the area.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 10 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
Lesley Clyne, 60, of Priory Park Road, Kilburn, said: "I have lived in Kilburn all my life and that has never been a part of the area.
"To put a clinic in Fortune Green and call it Kilburn, is an insult to people down here. It is very disrespectful.
"I have faith in the NHS but they want to go back to the drawing board and look at a map of the area and see what is what."
Ed Fordham, of Quex Road, Kilburn, and Lib Dem candidate for Hampstead and Kilburn, said: "This is really serious - we have major concerns that NHS Camden are not taking seriously their statutory responsibility to tackle health issues in Kilburn and here we have the evidence that they don't even know where Kilburn is.
"Frankly, this is at best daft and at worst offensive and misleading."
Cllr Janet Grauberg, Kilburn ward, Camden Council, said: "It makes me angry that this organisation seems to know so little about where people live and how they live their lives, that they can write something like this."
NHS Camden was unavailable for comment but the Times understands the offending note has since been taken out.