Mayors join community at ‘amazing’ Health & Beauty expo in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Mayors from across London braved the weather and headed to Wembley to join a free community health and beauty day.
More than 100 people enjoyed the Health & Beauty Expo at the British Indian Association in Ealing Road on Sunday held to celebrate Brent as London's Borough of Culture (LBOC).
Brent's mayor Cllr Ernest Ezeajughi was joined by 10 current and former mayors from areas including Ealing, Redbridge and Waltham Forest - winners of LBOC 2019.
Attendees enjoyed reiki healing workshops and laughter yoga as well as browsed some 15 stalls selling fashion and beauty items.
Paul Harrison, brand ambassador for Tropical Sun, sponsors of the event, said: "It was amazing. The weather wasn't fantastic but all the mayor's showed up.
You may also want to watch:
There was amazing Indian dancing and a gospel singer and downstairs three stalls of Indian, European and Caribbean food.
"It was a recipe from heaven for us to have people come together."
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 3 QPR boss Warburton pleased with performance in Leicester draw
- 4 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 5 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 6 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 7 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Traffic disruption in Brent from August 2-8
- 10 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
Visitors were given a hamper to take away with them containing Tropical Sun products and goods from some stalls.
"Everyone really appreciated it and nobody left empty handed," he added.