Mayors join community at ‘amazing’ Health & Beauty expo in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Mayors from across London braved the weather and headed to Wembley to join a free community health and beauty day.
More than 100 people enjoyed the Health & Beauty Expo at the British Indian Association in Ealing Road on Sunday held to celebrate Brent as London's Borough of Culture (LBOC).
Brent's mayor Cllr Ernest Ezeajughi was joined by 10 current and former mayors from areas including Ealing, Redbridge and Waltham Forest - winners of LBOC 2019.
Attendees enjoyed reiki healing workshops and laughter yoga as well as browsed some 15 stalls selling fashion and beauty items.
Paul Harrison, brand ambassador for Tropical Sun, sponsors of the event, said: "It was amazing. The weather wasn't fantastic but all the mayor's showed up.
You may also want to watch:
There was amazing Indian dancing and a gospel singer and downstairs three stalls of Indian, European and Caribbean food.
"It was a recipe from heaven for us to have people come together."
- 1 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 2 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 3 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 4 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 5 QPR motivated by 'nothing to play for' talk says Warburton
- 6 Man taken to hospital following fire in Willesden
- 7 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 8 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 9 Woman and child in hospital after carbon monoxide leak in Harlesden
- 10 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
Visitors were given a hamper to take away with them containing Tropical Sun products and goods from some stalls.
"Everyone really appreciated it and nobody left empty handed," he added.