Mayors join community at ‘amazing’ Health & Beauty expo in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Mayors from across London braved the weather and headed to Wembley to join a free community health and beauty day.
More than 100 people enjoyed the Health & Beauty Expo at the British Indian Association in Ealing Road on Sunday held to celebrate Brent as London's Borough of Culture (LBOC).
Brent's mayor Cllr Ernest Ezeajughi was joined by 10 current and former mayors from areas including Ealing, Redbridge and Waltham Forest - winners of LBOC 2019.
Attendees enjoyed reiki healing workshops and laughter yoga as well as browsed some 15 stalls selling fashion and beauty items.
Paul Harrison, brand ambassador for Tropical Sun, sponsors of the event, said: "It was amazing. The weather wasn't fantastic but all the mayor's showed up.
You may also want to watch:
There was amazing Indian dancing and a gospel singer and downstairs three stalls of Indian, European and Caribbean food.
"It was a recipe from heaven for us to have people come together."
- 1 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 2 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 3 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 4 Man arrested in connection with Neasden murder and two stabbings
- 5 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Disabled Wembley cyclist calls for more inclusivity on Brent's roads
- 8 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 9 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
Visitors were given a hamper to take away with them containing Tropical Sun products and goods from some stalls.
"Everyone really appreciated it and nobody left empty handed," he added.