GP surgeries across Brent extend their opening hours
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A number of GP surgeries across Brent have extended their opening hours in response to demand for evening and weekend appointments.
NHS Brent Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) launched the pilot study following the results of a patient survey carried out in the borough.
Dr Ethie Kong, Chair of NHS Brent CCG, said: “Accessing a GP appointment in the evenings and weekends came out as a key requirement from our patient survey and the CCG is trialling this new extended GP access service in response to this patient feedback.
“GPs across Brent are working closely together on this in their locality groups in Harlesden, Kilburn, Kingsbury, Wembley and Willesden to increase capacity at times that suit patients.”
Patients unable to secure an appointment at a time that suits them will also be offered an appointment at another practice in their area that offers the new service.
You may also want to watch:
To find out the practices offering the service visit http://www.brentccg.nhs.uk/.
Patients must contact their surgeries directly to make an appointment.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 3 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 4 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 5 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 6 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 7 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 9 Shops, hairdressers, pub gardens and gyms reopen today
- 10 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime