GP surgeries across Brent extend their opening hours
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A number of GP surgeries across Brent have extended their opening hours in response to demand for evening and weekend appointments.
NHS Brent Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) launched the pilot study following the results of a patient survey carried out in the borough.
Dr Ethie Kong, Chair of NHS Brent CCG, said: “Accessing a GP appointment in the evenings and weekends came out as a key requirement from our patient survey and the CCG is trialling this new extended GP access service in response to this patient feedback.
“GPs across Brent are working closely together on this in their locality groups in Harlesden, Kilburn, Kingsbury, Wembley and Willesden to increase capacity at times that suit patients.”
Patients unable to secure an appointment at a time that suits them will also be offered an appointment at another practice in their area that offers the new service.
You may also want to watch:
To find out the practices offering the service visit http://www.brentccg.nhs.uk/.
Patients must contact their surgeries directly to make an appointment.
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property