GP surgeries across Brent extend their opening hours
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A number of GP surgeries across Brent have extended their opening hours in response to demand for evening and weekend appointments.
NHS Brent Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) launched the pilot study following the results of a patient survey carried out in the borough.
Dr Ethie Kong, Chair of NHS Brent CCG, said: “Accessing a GP appointment in the evenings and weekends came out as a key requirement from our patient survey and the CCG is trialling this new extended GP access service in response to this patient feedback.
“GPs across Brent are working closely together on this in their locality groups in Harlesden, Kilburn, Kingsbury, Wembley and Willesden to increase capacity at times that suit patients.”
Patients unable to secure an appointment at a time that suits them will also be offered an appointment at another practice in their area that offers the new service.
To find out the practices offering the service visit http://www.brentccg.nhs.uk/.
Patients must contact their surgeries directly to make an appointment.
- 1 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 2 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 3 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 4 Battle lines drawn as school’s 3G pitch decision heads to meeting
- 5 Police officers barred for 'shameful' misconduct over murdered sisters
- 6 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 7 Brent woman jailed for 'horrific' acid attack
- 8 Covid-19: How Brent's current cases compare to November 2020
- 9 ULEZ anomaly at Wembley Ikea meaning no £12.50-a-day emission fee
- 10 Handcuffing: What is the Met's new policy and why has it been introduced?