GP surgeries across Brent extend their opening hours
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A number of GP surgeries across Brent have extended their opening hours in response to demand for evening and weekend appointments.
NHS Brent Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) launched the pilot study following the results of a patient survey carried out in the borough.
Dr Ethie Kong, Chair of NHS Brent CCG, said: “Accessing a GP appointment in the evenings and weekends came out as a key requirement from our patient survey and the CCG is trialling this new extended GP access service in response to this patient feedback.
“GPs across Brent are working closely together on this in their locality groups in Harlesden, Kilburn, Kingsbury, Wembley and Willesden to increase capacity at times that suit patients.”
Patients unable to secure an appointment at a time that suits them will also be offered an appointment at another practice in their area that offers the new service.
You may also want to watch:
To find out the practices offering the service visit http://www.brentccg.nhs.uk/.
Patients must contact their surgeries directly to make an appointment.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 10 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application