Get healthy this summer with Vale Farm’s top five fitness tips
- Credit: Archant
The sun is out and so is our summer wardrobe. There is no better time to get fit.
Andy Pearson, Everyone Active fitness manager at Vale Farm Sports Centre, in Watford Road, Sudbury, is here on hand with his five top tips:
1.Track your activity
Monitoring your physical activity level is key to supporting you to achieve your health and fitness goals. By tracking your day-to-day activity in a diary or a calendar, you can keep an eye on how effectively you are working which will help you to remain committed. Make sure you are realistic with the goals that you set. Aim to build up towards the recommended guidelines of 30 minutes moderate activity, five times per week.
2. Active, every day
You may also want to watch:
A lot of people struggle to find the time to be active so take a look at your week and see where you can introduce small portions of activity. Whether it’s a walk to work, getting off the bus a stop early, a lunch time or after work class, walking the dog, a spot of gardening, taking the stairs or going for a short bike ride, there are a broad variety of ways to be active throughout your week.
- 1 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 2 QPR boss Warburton says they will be prepared for a strong Rotherham side
- 3 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 4 Brent Council worker Vithun Illankovan on his time in The Circle
- 5 Hope for the Welsh Harp
- 6 Pubs in Kensal reopen after Covid lockdown
- 7 Homeless in Brent, Covid and Ramadan support
- 8 Shops, hairdressers, pub gardens and gyms reopen today
- 9 Six years ago today, it was knocked down - next week the Carlton reopens
- 10 Brent mother of murdered schoolboy Quamari urges public to report knife crime
Find the fun in your workouts by being active as a family! Whether it’s a treasure hunt, dance-off, a lovely walk, a game of tag, playing catch, going for a swim, hula hooping, building a den, a game of badminton or fun for all in a soft play area, there are a broad range of options to help you enjoy being active together!
4. Healthy eating
A healthy, balanced diet helps you to maintain good health and feel your best. A good starting point is to aim to eat at least five portions of fruit and veg per day. Fruit and vegetables are great sources of essential vitamins and minerals to keep you healthy, and both contain plenty of fibre which helps improve your satiety, keeping you fuller for longer. Eating your 5-a-day can reduce your risk of several cancers, heart disease and stroke among other health conditions.