Get fit and healthy for free in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Brent residents can get fit and healthy for free thanks to the installation of six outdoor gyms across the borough.
The equipment which includes a chest press, rower and pull down machines were installed by Brent Council as part of a project costing more than £180,000.
The council are also throwing in free weekly instructor-led training sessions to help residents get the most of the equipment.
To mark the completion of the gym building programme, Cllr Muhammed Butt, leader of Brent Council, joined in with a training session at the King Edward VII Park gym in Park Lane, Wembley.
He said: “Most residents will now be within walking distance of one of our outdoor gyms which are a great way to keep fit without paying high gym fees.
You may also want to watch:
“Combining a green gym session with some of the other cardio-vascular exercise available in our parks, such as tennis, or our organised jogs and walks, will be a really good all-round work out.
“Residents’ health and wellbeing is one of my top priorities as Leader and I believe the best way for Brent to become a healthy borough is to widen access to sport and exercise activities.
- 1 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 2 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 3 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 4 Hospitality Day: Your favourite restaurant... REVEALED
- 5 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 6 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 7 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent pub...REVEALED
- 8 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 9 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
“There are now more opportunities than ever to be active in Brent parks, which are all free for residents to use and enjoy.”
Residents who enjoy a faster pace can enjoy the use of tennis courts, multi-use games areas and sports pitches on offer in parks across the borough.
There are also regular organised Healthy Walks and Jog programmes, led by a qualified leader in eight parks every week and the weekly Gladstone parkrun takes place in Gladstone Park near the Kendal Road entrance every Saturday at 9am.
All running programmes are suitable for all abilities and free.
For more information call 020 8937 3707, visit www.brent.gov.uk/sports or email email@example.com.