Family of late patient make generous donation to Northwick Park Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A hospital ward has received a generous donation as a thank you from the relatives of a former patient.
Family members of a Maniben Patel, handed over the sum to staff on the Fielding ward in Northwick Park Hospital in Watford Road, Sudbury, in gratitude to the care she received in the last weeks of her life.
The sum will be used to fund staff education.
Thanking the staff for all their care, Mrs Patel’s grandson, Robin, said: “Dr Nuwan Karunaratne and his team were compassionate and patient making our grandmother’s last weeks more bearable.
“My grandmother supported education and our donation is made in her memory to help healthcare assistants and junior staff on Fielding ward.”
The family requested that the amount donated was not disclosed.
Yeye Justol, clinical nurse manager on the ward, said: “We are really grateful for the family’s kind and generous donation.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 3 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
- 6 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 7 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 8 Almost 800 homes to be built next to Wembley Stadium
- 9 'It's about belief," says QPR boss ahead of Stoke clash
- 10 Three men charged with attempted murder following Wembley shooting
“It is always good to hear from those who have been pleased with the care provided by our staff to their loved ones.”
To make a donation to the London North West Healthcare Charitable Fund visit lnwh.nhs.uk.