Family of late patient make generous donation to Northwick Park Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A hospital ward has received a generous donation as a thank you from the relatives of a former patient.
Family members of a Maniben Patel, handed over the sum to staff on the Fielding ward in Northwick Park Hospital in Watford Road, Sudbury, in gratitude to the care she received in the last weeks of her life.
The sum will be used to fund staff education.
Thanking the staff for all their care, Mrs Patel’s grandson, Robin, said: “Dr Nuwan Karunaratne and his team were compassionate and patient making our grandmother’s last weeks more bearable.
“My grandmother supported education and our donation is made in her memory to help healthcare assistants and junior staff on Fielding ward.”
You may also want to watch:
The family requested that the amount donated was not disclosed.
Yeye Justol, clinical nurse manager on the ward, said: “We are really grateful for the family’s kind and generous donation.
- 1 Harlesden couple launch mobile musical funerals during Covid
- 2 Reward offered after drone stolen in Wembley
- 3 Wealdstone thrashed by league leaders Hartlepool United
- 4 Mixed feelings for residents and workers as crowds return to Wembley
- 5 Vaccine bus launched in Brent to increase take up
- 6 Olympic Steps to Wembley Stadium unveiled
- 7 Social enterprise boutique gym opening in Queen's Park on May 17
- 8 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 9 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 10 Warburton: Dieng played on with broken nose before red card
“It is always good to hear from those who have been pleased with the care provided by our staff to their loved ones.”
To make a donation to the London North West Healthcare Charitable Fund visit lnwh.nhs.uk.