Family of late patient make generous donation to Northwick Park Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A hospital ward has received a generous donation as a thank you from the relatives of a former patient.
Family members of a Maniben Patel, handed over the sum to staff on the Fielding ward in Northwick Park Hospital in Watford Road, Sudbury, in gratitude to the care she received in the last weeks of her life.
The sum will be used to fund staff education.
Thanking the staff for all their care, Mrs Patel’s grandson, Robin, said: “Dr Nuwan Karunaratne and his team were compassionate and patient making our grandmother’s last weeks more bearable.
“My grandmother supported education and our donation is made in her memory to help healthcare assistants and junior staff on Fielding ward.”
The family requested that the amount donated was not disclosed.
Yeye Justol, clinical nurse manager on the ward, said: “We are really grateful for the family’s kind and generous donation.
- 1 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 2 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 3 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 4 Call for investment in 'joke' Harlesden park
- 5 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 6 Police officer sacked after she 'failed' woman murdered by husband
- 7 Second man charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Labour accused of 'power grab' move over committee appointments
- 10 Jailed: 7 north London offenders put behind bars in April
“It is always good to hear from those who have been pleased with the care provided by our staff to their loved ones.”
To make a donation to the London North West Healthcare Charitable Fund visit lnwh.nhs.uk.