Family of late patient make generous donation to Northwick Park Hospital
- Credit: Archant
A hospital ward has received a generous donation as a thank you from the relatives of a former patient.
Family members of a Maniben Patel, handed over the sum to staff on the Fielding ward in Northwick Park Hospital in Watford Road, Sudbury, in gratitude to the care she received in the last weeks of her life.
The sum will be used to fund staff education.
Thanking the staff for all their care, Mrs Patel’s grandson, Robin, said: “Dr Nuwan Karunaratne and his team were compassionate and patient making our grandmother’s last weeks more bearable.
“My grandmother supported education and our donation is made in her memory to help healthcare assistants and junior staff on Fielding ward.”
You may also want to watch:
The family requested that the amount donated was not disclosed.
Yeye Justol, clinical nurse manager on the ward, said: “We are really grateful for the family’s kind and generous donation.
- 1 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 4 Tributes paid to 'Gooner legend' who died of Covid 'caught at Euros final'
- 5 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 6 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 7 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Residents oppose plans for a third slot machine 'casino' in Harlesden
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
“It is always good to hear from those who have been pleased with the care provided by our staff to their loved ones.”
To make a donation to the London North West Healthcare Charitable Fund visit lnwh.nhs.uk.