Extended doctors hours in Brent to include Bank Holidays
- Credit: Archant
Opening times for doctor’s appointments in Brent have been extended to seven days a week including Bank Holidays.
Residents can now pre-book GP appointments at a time that suits them.
GPs can offer patients appointments from 6pm-9pm, Monday to Friday and from 8am-8pm, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays as well as during their current hours.
Any patient registered with a Brent GP practice can access these appointments via GP access hubs, they can be booked at their local practice or by calling NHS 111 if the practice is closed.
It is hoped the additional appointments will improve GP services as well as reduce avoidable A&E visits and unscheduled hospital admissions.
Dr Ethie Kong, chair of Brent CCG said: “Our aim is to make GP services quicker, safer and accessible to all. Especially for parents, carers and people with work commitments. Previously, patients have told us that they were concerned about the lack of access to GP appointments. Offering evening and weekend appointments helps to tackle this issue.”
- 1 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 2 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 3 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 4 QPR's Barbet sets sights on another win at Coventry
- 5 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data
- 6 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 7 HS2: Government hails 'incredible momentum' as Old Oak Common work continues
- 8 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Central Mosque of Brent launches Breathe Easy support group