Extended doctors hours in Brent to include Bank Holidays
- Credit: Archant
Opening times for doctor’s appointments in Brent have been extended to seven days a week including Bank Holidays.
Residents can now pre-book GP appointments at a time that suits them.
GPs can offer patients appointments from 6pm-9pm, Monday to Friday and from 8am-8pm, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays as well as during their current hours.
Any patient registered with a Brent GP practice can access these appointments via GP access hubs, they can be booked at their local practice or by calling NHS 111 if the practice is closed.
It is hoped the additional appointments will improve GP services as well as reduce avoidable A&E visits and unscheduled hospital admissions.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Ethie Kong, chair of Brent CCG said: “Our aim is to make GP services quicker, safer and accessible to all. Especially for parents, carers and people with work commitments. Previously, patients have told us that they were concerned about the lack of access to GP appointments. Offering evening and weekend appointments helps to tackle this issue.”
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 3 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 4 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 7 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 8 Petition launched to declare Brent a Right To Food borough
- 9 Drunk and off-duty Met officer sentenced after assaulting man
- 10 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application