Extended doctors hours in Brent to include Bank Holidays
- Credit: Archant
Opening times for doctor’s appointments in Brent have been extended to seven days a week including Bank Holidays.
Residents can now pre-book GP appointments at a time that suits them.
GPs can offer patients appointments from 6pm-9pm, Monday to Friday and from 8am-8pm, Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays as well as during their current hours.
Any patient registered with a Brent GP practice can access these appointments via GP access hubs, they can be booked at their local practice or by calling NHS 111 if the practice is closed.
It is hoped the additional appointments will improve GP services as well as reduce avoidable A&E visits and unscheduled hospital admissions.
You may also want to watch:
Dr Ethie Kong, chair of Brent CCG said: “Our aim is to make GP services quicker, safer and accessible to all. Especially for parents, carers and people with work commitments. Previously, patients have told us that they were concerned about the lack of access to GP appointments. Offering evening and weekend appointments helps to tackle this issue.”
- 1 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 2 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 3 Pictures: Snow arrives covering Gladstone Park and Neasden Temple
- 4 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 7 Wembley drug dealer jailed for biting, scratching and pushing police
- 8 Wembley grandmother who survived Covid thanks live-in carer
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property