Covid testing site for people with symptoms to open in Northwick Park
- Credit: Brent Council
A third Covid-19 testing site is to open in Northwick Park for people with symptoms of the virus.
The site at Northwick Park Sports Pavilion, in Capital Ring, will open on Tuesday (February 9).
The two other sites are in Harlesden Town Garden, Challenge Close, and the large car park in London Road, Wembley.
Cllr Neil Nerva, Brent Council’s lead member for public health, said: “I’m so pleased we’ve been able to open a third testing site, once again in the heart of the community, ensuring that those living locally with symptoms can access testing easily.
“This new site will help us increase our testing capacity so we can test even more people and in turn, help to reduce the spread of Covid-19 and keep Brent safe.”
You may also want to watch:
Those with coronavirus symptoms including a fever, a persistent cough or a change in their sense of taste or smell must stay at home for 10 days and book a test by calling Brent Council on 020 8937 4440.
People can also book online, via the NHS Covid-19 app or by calling 119.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Body of newborn baby found in Grand Union Canal in Willesden
- 3 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 4 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 5 Three men charged after police officer injured in traffic stop
- 6 Summer of Play season launch in Wembley Park this June
- 7 Mother of newborn baby found in Willesden canal urged to seek medical help
- 8 Man jailed after assaulting police officers while drunk
- 9 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 10 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims