Coronavirus: Northwick Park Hospital charity launches Covid-19 Appeal to support staff
- Credit: Archant
The charity backing Northwick Park Hospital has launched an appeal to direct care packs and support to staff who need it.
LNWH Charity, the charity partner for London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust, and the LNWH Occupational Health department, have launched a COVID-19 Staff Well-being Appeal and are coordinating all donations and gifts.
An Appeal Team has been set up to use any funds raised to provide psychological support, healthy food, care packs and quiet spaces for hospital staff to relax during their breaks.
Appeal Team lead Victoria Manning said the public response to the Covid-19 crisis and its impact on staff has been “incredible”.
She added: “We are truly humbled by the outpouring of support for our wonderful NHS staff as they cope with the difficulties of the current situation.”
You may also want to watch:
“Individuals, businesses and organisations throughout Ealing, Harrow and Brent have been amazingly generous with pledges of support for all our staff facing this most unprecedented of challenges.
“We want to make sure that this amazing support is coordinated effectively.”
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 3 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 4 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 7 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 8 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 9 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 10 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre