Coronavirus: Northwick Park Hospital staff member tests positive for Covid-19
- Credit: PA
A Northwick Park Hospital staff member has tested positive for coronavirus Covid-19, according to communications sent by London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust.
An email to staff, seen by this paper on Tuesday (March 10), states: 'We're writing to let you know that a member of staff at Northwick Park Hospital has now tested positive for Covid-19.
'The staff member is well and was already self-isolating at home, to protect fellow staff members, patients and members of the public.
'We continue to work closely with our public health colleagues to take all necessary measures to keep patients and members of staff safe.
'You can help by continuing to check and follow the guidance we issue by email and on our Covid-19 intranet page.
You may also want to watch:
'Many thanks for all your hard work at this time.'
LNWH has referred a request for comment to the Department of Health, which has declined to comment.
- 1 Brent investigating implications of traffic measures court ruling
- 2 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 3 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 4 Appeal after woman hit on the head and sexually assaulted in Sudbury
- 5 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
- 6 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 7 Brent residents face £100 council tax hike for Band D property
- 8 Third stabbing in Neasden as murder investigation under way
- 9 Pensioner dies after crashing into a wall in Kenton
- 10 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
On Monday the hospital confirmed it was treating more than one patient for the virus.
More to follow.