Coronavirus: Northwick Park Hospital staff member tests positive for Covid-19
- Credit: PA
A Northwick Park Hospital staff member has tested positive for coronavirus Covid-19, according to communications sent by London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust.
An email to staff, seen by this paper on Tuesday (March 10), states: 'We're writing to let you know that a member of staff at Northwick Park Hospital has now tested positive for Covid-19.
'The staff member is well and was already self-isolating at home, to protect fellow staff members, patients and members of the public.
'We continue to work closely with our public health colleagues to take all necessary measures to keep patients and members of staff safe.
'You can help by continuing to check and follow the guidance we issue by email and on our Covid-19 intranet page.
You may also want to watch:
'Many thanks for all your hard work at this time.'
LNWH has referred a request for comment to the Department of Health, which has declined to comment.
- 1 South African Covid-19 variant found in North Wembley
- 2 Neighbours urge Brent to stop asphalting Conservation Areas
- 3 Wembley Park drug dealer who used encrypted phone network jailed
- 4 QPR bounce back to get better of Bristol City
- 5 Fifth man arrested in connection with fatal stabbing of Sven Badzak
- 6 Two teenagers stabbed in Kilburn and South Hampstead in separate attacks
- 7 Gun shot at wall during 'terrifying' burglary in Wembley
- 8 Warburton delighted with QPR win at Bristol City
- 9 Council tax is going up - but we'll do all we can to help
- 10 Two men steal dog at knifepoint in Alperton robbery
On Monday the hospital confirmed it was treating more than one patient for the virus.
More to follow.