Coronavirus: Brent has highest number of Covid-19 related deaths in the capital
- Credit: Jane Barlow/PA
Brent has the highest number of coronavirus-led deaths in the capital.
At least 304 people have died since the outbreak of the virus according to figures from the Office of National Statistics (ONS).
The borough is followed by Harrow with 241 deaths and Ealing with 239.
Data reveals there are 141.5 deaths per 100,000 inhabitants, which is lower than Newham’s rate of 144.3, a borough that has seen 208 deaths.
Between March 1 and April 17, there were 90,232 deaths occurring in England and Wales that were registered by 18 April; 20,283 of these deaths involved the coronavirus (COVID-19).
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, health and social care secretary Matt Hancock announced the government had achieved its target of testing 100,000 people a day by the end of April,
More than 122,000 tests were carried out on April 30, but just 76,496 were conducted in the 24 hours up to 9am on Sunday.
- 1 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 2 New QPR signing Moses Odubajo's story so far
- 3 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 4 Steward admits lanyard theft ahead of Euro 2020 final
- 5 Head of school attended by Tom Dean, Zadie Smith and Rachel Yankey set to retire
- 6 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 7 Willesden Green residents oppose mosque's housing block application
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
- 10 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
If you’ve lost a loved one to coronavirus and want us to run an obituary, contact Nathalie at the newsdesk via firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 07584 147997.
Click here for a directory of agencies helping people in Brent during the pandemic.