Clinical research rise for North West London Hospitals NHS Trust
- Credit: Archant
The North West London Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the top ten trusts in London which has seen a rise in clinical research.
More than 2,500 patients volunteered to take part in the studies, which have risen from 85 to 89 in the last year
The figures were highlighted in a league table published by the National Institute for Health Research Clinical Research Network, the research delivery arm of the NHS last month.
It shows the number of studies undertaken by each NHS trust from last April to March, and the number of patients who volunteered to take part in clinical research.
Joan Pitkin, associate medical director and director of research and development said: “We are very pleased with our performance to be in the top 1o trusts for London and the highest district general hospital in the table, which reflects the time, and attention that has been given to research and the integral role that it has with clinical care and education.
Jonathan Sheffield, chief Executive Officer of the NIHR Clinical Research Network said: “It’s great to see a real appetite for research in London. I would like to thank all the patients and carers who have taken part in research, and thereby made a contribution to improving NHS treatments for everyone.”
The trust manages Central Middlesex, Northwick Park and St Marks Hospitals.
- 1 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 2 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 3 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 4 Brondesbury Park Synagogue gets licence for alcohol and music until midnight
- 5 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 6 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 7 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities
- 8 Cricklewood man appears in court accused of Golders Green rape
- 9 Wembley man, 18, used schoolboy to sell drug-infused sweets
- 10 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range