Carers week kicks off in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Activists in Brent are aiming to make their borough more “carer friendly” by kicking off a week-long programme of relaxation and educational events aimed at giving carers a boost
Carers Week 2015 kicks off with an official launch event at Patidar House in London Road, Wembley onune 8 with a special address from Brent Mayor Cllr Lesley Jones.
The scheduled events range from yoga and meditation classes to a refreshingh day trip to Brighton and aim to give carers a well-earned boost by engaging employers, health workers and the wider community in understanding the unique challenges and issues they face.
A statement from Brent Carers Centre said: “Many carers in the UK are caring alone, missing out on vital information, advice and support. They fall into financial hardship and become unable to look after their own health and wellbeing as a result.
“It is imperative that we all work together, employers, Health Services, GP’s, Schools, community groups and members of the community, to create a more carer friendly environment.”
You may also want to watch:
Carers will be able to take some time off from their day-to-day stresses to enjoy singing and afternoon tea on Thursday June 11, with a dedicated event for young carers concluding the week on Saturday 13 June.
Employers and health care providers will also be urged to assist carers in juggling their work and home life over a series of information days on 5 and 15 June.
- 1 Female-only massage clinic opens in Harlesden
- 2 Brent Council writes off nearly £2m owed in bad debts
- 3 Man wanted in connection with Kings Cross sex assault
- 4 Prospect House eviction: Families struggle to move out
- 5 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 6 Drekwon Patterson killing: Five men arrested in dawn raids
- 7 Kilburn welcomes back eager gym-goers
- 8 Kilburn High Road traders see a slow return to business on April 12
- 9 Neasden foodbank launches £60,000 fundraising appeal
- 10 'His confidence is high': QPR boss Warburton backs Lyndon Dykes
For more information on Carers Week and to reserve your place call Bindu Khatri on 020 8795 6240 or email email@example.com.