Carers week kicks off in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Activists in Brent are aiming to make their borough more “carer friendly” by kicking off a week-long programme of relaxation and educational events aimed at giving carers a boost
Carers Week 2015 kicks off with an official launch event at Patidar House in London Road, Wembley onune 8 with a special address from Brent Mayor Cllr Lesley Jones.
The scheduled events range from yoga and meditation classes to a refreshingh day trip to Brighton and aim to give carers a well-earned boost by engaging employers, health workers and the wider community in understanding the unique challenges and issues they face.
A statement from Brent Carers Centre said: “Many carers in the UK are caring alone, missing out on vital information, advice and support. They fall into financial hardship and become unable to look after their own health and wellbeing as a result.
“It is imperative that we all work together, employers, Health Services, GP’s, Schools, community groups and members of the community, to create a more carer friendly environment.”
Carers will be able to take some time off from their day-to-day stresses to enjoy singing and afternoon tea on Thursday June 11, with a dedicated event for young carers concluding the week on Saturday 13 June.
Employers and health care providers will also be urged to assist carers in juggling their work and home life over a series of information days on 5 and 15 June.
- 1 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 2 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 3 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 4 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 5 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 6 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden
- 7 Two charged after police discharge taser during Kingsbury vehicle stop
- 8 2 men attacked by group after fight breaks out at Queensbury Tube Station
- 9 Former bingo hall in Burnt Oak to become co-working and co-living space
- 10 Harlesden shop fire 'caused by barbecue'
For more information on Carers Week and to reserve your place call Bindu Khatri on 020 8795 6240 or email email@example.com.