Carers week kicks off in Brent
- Credit: Archant
Activists in Brent are aiming to make their borough more “carer friendly” by kicking off a week-long programme of relaxation and educational events aimed at giving carers a boost
Carers Week 2015 kicks off with an official launch event at Patidar House in London Road, Wembley onune 8 with a special address from Brent Mayor Cllr Lesley Jones.
The scheduled events range from yoga and meditation classes to a refreshingh day trip to Brighton and aim to give carers a well-earned boost by engaging employers, health workers and the wider community in understanding the unique challenges and issues they face.
A statement from Brent Carers Centre said: “Many carers in the UK are caring alone, missing out on vital information, advice and support. They fall into financial hardship and become unable to look after their own health and wellbeing as a result.
“It is imperative that we all work together, employers, Health Services, GP’s, Schools, community groups and members of the community, to create a more carer friendly environment.”
You may also want to watch:
Carers will be able to take some time off from their day-to-day stresses to enjoy singing and afternoon tea on Thursday June 11, with a dedicated event for young carers concluding the week on Saturday 13 June.
Employers and health care providers will also be urged to assist carers in juggling their work and home life over a series of information days on 5 and 15 June.
- 1 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 2 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 3 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 4 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 5 Hospitality Day: Your favourite Brent cafe revealed
- 6 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 7 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 8 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 Stabbed 7-year-old girl meets police officers who saved her life
For more information on Carers Week and to reserve your place call Bindu Khatri on 020 8795 6240 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.