Brent MP Dawn Butler backs Cancer Research UK campaign demanding government funds more NHS staff
- Credit: Archant
Dawn Butler is backing Cancer Research UK’s life-saving appeal for more NHS cancer staff.
Shoulder to Shoulder Against Cancer is a national push calling on the government to tackle the “chronic shortage of staff” who diagnose and treat the disease.
The Brent Central MP said: “I sympathise profoundly with anyone affected by cancer and I pay tribute to Cancer Research UK for its tireless efforts in funding research, developing policy and in providing support for patients and their families.
“More people are surviving cancer than ever before, thanks to the fantastic work of our NHS. But as the health service reaches its 70th birthday, we know it is facing unprecedented challenges.
“Brent has around 1,100 cancer cases and 450 cancer deaths a year. It is therefore vital we have an NHS which is fit to deliver world-class care for all patients now and in the future.”
You may also want to watch:
To join the campaign, visit cruk.org/shouldertoshoulder.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 3 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 9 Charlie Cooper guides Wealdstone to victory at King's Lynn Town
- 10 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill