Brent MP Dawn Butler backs Cancer Research UK campaign demanding government funds more NHS staff
- Credit: Archant
Dawn Butler is backing Cancer Research UK’s life-saving appeal for more NHS cancer staff.
Shoulder to Shoulder Against Cancer is a national push calling on the government to tackle the “chronic shortage of staff” who diagnose and treat the disease.
The Brent Central MP said: “I sympathise profoundly with anyone affected by cancer and I pay tribute to Cancer Research UK for its tireless efforts in funding research, developing policy and in providing support for patients and their families.
“More people are surviving cancer than ever before, thanks to the fantastic work of our NHS. But as the health service reaches its 70th birthday, we know it is facing unprecedented challenges.
“Brent has around 1,100 cancer cases and 450 cancer deaths a year. It is therefore vital we have an NHS which is fit to deliver world-class care for all patients now and in the future.”
You may also want to watch:
To join the campaign, visit cruk.org/shouldertoshoulder.
- 1 Fundraiser launched after beloved mum found collapsed in Barham Park dies
- 2 Fenerbahce announce signing of QPR’s Bright Osayi-Samuel
- 3 Two arrested in connection with fatal Neasden stabbing
- 4 Brent councillor calls for improved social distancing in supermarkets
- 5 Man dies after stabbing in Brent
- 6 Fourteen fined for lockdown breach after car meet in Park Royal
- 7 Woman dies after she was found collapsed in Barham Park
- 8 Wembley tutor takes to Instagram to help with homeschooling
- 9 Interactive Harlesden exhibition aims to make art more accessible
- 10 'Distress' as eggs thrown at ambulances in Neasden