Brent MP Dawn Butler backs Cancer Research UK campaign demanding government funds more NHS staff
- Credit: Archant
Dawn Butler is backing Cancer Research UK’s life-saving appeal for more NHS cancer staff.
Shoulder to Shoulder Against Cancer is a national push calling on the government to tackle the “chronic shortage of staff” who diagnose and treat the disease.
The Brent Central MP said: “I sympathise profoundly with anyone affected by cancer and I pay tribute to Cancer Research UK for its tireless efforts in funding research, developing policy and in providing support for patients and their families.
“More people are surviving cancer than ever before, thanks to the fantastic work of our NHS. But as the health service reaches its 70th birthday, we know it is facing unprecedented challenges.
“Brent has around 1,100 cancer cases and 450 cancer deaths a year. It is therefore vital we have an NHS which is fit to deliver world-class care for all patients now and in the future.”
You may also want to watch:
To join the campaign, visit cruk.org/shouldertoshoulder.
- 1 Immigration status forces Brent homeless back on the streets
- 2 Indian food store opens second outlet in Kensal Green
- 3 Raheem Sterling sends good luck message ahead of Wembley Super League
- 4 New Italian restaurant licence in Kensal Green approved
- 5 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 6 The Old Bell reopens in Kilburn with a much larger beer garden
- 7 Cancer Black Care saved from closure with new funding
- 8 Queen's Park schoolboy loses leukaemia fight
- 9 Litter crusader launches mission to clean up Wembley
- 10 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates