Brent Cross waste company goes pink for charity
- Credit: Archant
A breast cancer charity is tickled pink by the support from a Brent Cross waste disposal company.
PB Donoghue (Waste Management) Ltd has painted one of its skip delivery trucks bright pink in support of Future Dreams, a breast cancer charity.
The standard yellow high-viz jackets worn by teams on site have also been replaced with pink co-branded ones.
The waste company is also helping to recruit ‘builders’ for the Future Dreams Brick Appeal.
The appeal aims to raise £5 million to build the ‘Future Dreams House’, in partnership with The Haven, a national breast cancer charity, a breast cancer support centre in Kings Cross.
You may also want to watch:
This multi-faceted support centre will offer practical advice, emotional and psychological support and wellbeing as well as complementary therapies in a caring environment for anyone affected by breast cancer.
Pippa Collins, director of fundraising at Future Dreams, said “Our mission at Future Dreams is to help women and their families going through the horrendous journey of breast cancer. We are delighted to be associated with the team at P B Donoghue and look forward to making a difference together by joining forces to build Future Dreams House in Central London. “
- 1 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 2 Don't take our parking, shout Wembley neighbours
- 3 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 4 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 5 'LTN’s have been foisted upon us by a council who will not listen to its residents'
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 QPR boss Mark Warburton unfazed by prospect of losing Ilias Chair
- 8 Brent Council reignites campaign to tackle paan spitting
- 9 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer
Eithne McGowan, Director at P B Donoghue (Waste Management) Ltd., added, “After meeting the incredible team behind this charity and seeing the amazing passion that drives the team forward, we were very touched by their ambition to build this very unique facility that will offer invaluable assistance to breast cancer patients and their families.
“We are looking forward to building a close partnership which gives us the opportunity to make a lasting difference and to realise their dream that no one should face breast cancer alone.”
To donate go to futuredreams.org.uk/