Brent Cross waste company goes pink for charity
- Credit: Archant
A breast cancer charity is tickled pink by the support from a Brent Cross waste disposal company.
PB Donoghue (Waste Management) Ltd has painted one of its skip delivery trucks bright pink in support of Future Dreams, a breast cancer charity.
The standard yellow high-viz jackets worn by teams on site have also been replaced with pink co-branded ones.
The waste company is also helping to recruit ‘builders’ for the Future Dreams Brick Appeal.
The appeal aims to raise £5 million to build the ‘Future Dreams House’, in partnership with The Haven, a national breast cancer charity, a breast cancer support centre in Kings Cross.
You may also want to watch:
This multi-faceted support centre will offer practical advice, emotional and psychological support and wellbeing as well as complementary therapies in a caring environment for anyone affected by breast cancer.
Pippa Collins, director of fundraising at Future Dreams, said “Our mission at Future Dreams is to help women and their families going through the horrendous journey of breast cancer. We are delighted to be associated with the team at P B Donoghue and look forward to making a difference together by joining forces to build Future Dreams House in Central London. “
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 3 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 10 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
Eithne McGowan, Director at P B Donoghue (Waste Management) Ltd., added, “After meeting the incredible team behind this charity and seeing the amazing passion that drives the team forward, we were very touched by their ambition to build this very unique facility that will offer invaluable assistance to breast cancer patients and their families.
“We are looking forward to building a close partnership which gives us the opportunity to make a lasting difference and to realise their dream that no one should face breast cancer alone.”
To donate go to futuredreams.org.uk/