Brent Cross waste company goes pink for charity
- Credit: Archant
A breast cancer charity is tickled pink by the support from a Brent Cross waste disposal company.
PB Donoghue (Waste Management) Ltd has painted one of its skip delivery trucks bright pink in support of Future Dreams, a breast cancer charity.
The standard yellow high-viz jackets worn by teams on site have also been replaced with pink co-branded ones.
The waste company is also helping to recruit ‘builders’ for the Future Dreams Brick Appeal.
The appeal aims to raise £5 million to build the ‘Future Dreams House’, in partnership with The Haven, a national breast cancer charity, a breast cancer support centre in Kings Cross.
You may also want to watch:
This multi-faceted support centre will offer practical advice, emotional and psychological support and wellbeing as well as complementary therapies in a caring environment for anyone affected by breast cancer.
Pippa Collins, director of fundraising at Future Dreams, said “Our mission at Future Dreams is to help women and their families going through the horrendous journey of breast cancer. We are delighted to be associated with the team at P B Donoghue and look forward to making a difference together by joining forces to build Future Dreams House in Central London. “
- 1 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 2 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 3 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 4 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 5 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 8 Habitual car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 9 Vale Farm Sports Centre offering facilities for free from May 17
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
Eithne McGowan, Director at P B Donoghue (Waste Management) Ltd., added, “After meeting the incredible team behind this charity and seeing the amazing passion that drives the team forward, we were very touched by their ambition to build this very unique facility that will offer invaluable assistance to breast cancer patients and their families.
“We are looking forward to building a close partnership which gives us the opportunity to make a lasting difference and to realise their dream that no one should face breast cancer alone.”
To donate go to futuredreams.org.uk/