Brent Cross waste company goes pink for charity
- Credit: Archant
A breast cancer charity is tickled pink by the support from a Brent Cross waste disposal company.
PB Donoghue (Waste Management) Ltd has painted one of its skip delivery trucks bright pink in support of Future Dreams, a breast cancer charity.
The standard yellow high-viz jackets worn by teams on site have also been replaced with pink co-branded ones.
The waste company is also helping to recruit ‘builders’ for the Future Dreams Brick Appeal.
The appeal aims to raise £5 million to build the ‘Future Dreams House’, in partnership with The Haven, a national breast cancer charity, a breast cancer support centre in Kings Cross.
You may also want to watch:
This multi-faceted support centre will offer practical advice, emotional and psychological support and wellbeing as well as complementary therapies in a caring environment for anyone affected by breast cancer.
Pippa Collins, director of fundraising at Future Dreams, said “Our mission at Future Dreams is to help women and their families going through the horrendous journey of breast cancer. We are delighted to be associated with the team at P B Donoghue and look forward to making a difference together by joining forces to build Future Dreams House in Central London. “
- 1 Kingsbury mandir to be 'Europe's first' vaccine centre in Hindu temple
- 2 Mum's 'desperate' fundraiser as 15 families face eviction in Stonebridge
- 3 Gang member jailed for 18 years after hiding guns and drugs in Cricklewood
- 4 'No light at the end of the tunnel' says Northwick Park surgeon on operation backlogs
- 5 Election candidate 'should be disqualified' for lockdown visit, say opposition
- 6 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
- 7 Estate agents volunteer at Wembley Park's Covid vaccine centre
- 8 Neasden man charged with murder and knife attacks
- 9 Police seek witnesses as Kenton crash victim named as Vimla Matai
- 10 Mass vaccination centre opens in Wembley Park
Eithne McGowan, Director at P B Donoghue (Waste Management) Ltd., added, “After meeting the incredible team behind this charity and seeing the amazing passion that drives the team forward, we were very touched by their ambition to build this very unique facility that will offer invaluable assistance to breast cancer patients and their families.
“We are looking forward to building a close partnership which gives us the opportunity to make a lasting difference and to realise their dream that no one should face breast cancer alone.”
To donate go to futuredreams.org.uk/