Brent cardiology services move to Hampstead
- Credit: Archant
Brent Clinical Commissioning Group has announced changes to the community’s cardiology service.
The contract for the provision of the community cardiology services that runs from Wembley and Willesden Health Centres will come to an end on Wednesday, February 28.
The current providers of the service – the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust – have indicated that they do not wish to continue to provide the service.
Patients who are currently receiving care have been advised that their future appointments will now take place at the Royal Free Hospital, Hampstead.
They will also be seen by the same clinical team unless they choose to have their care provided by another hospital that is more convenient. New cardiology patients will be referred to any local acute hospital, in accordance with patient choice.
Dr Ethie Kong, Chair for Brent Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) said: “The care that our patients and residents receive is always at the forefront to any changes we make. The contract at the Wembley and Willesden Health Centres will come to an end in February and this gives us a great opportunity to engage with the public to find out how we can further improve the service.”
Dr Kong continued: “Until then patients currently using the service have been advised of the changes to ensure that their care continues and there is a safe and effective transition of the service.”
- 1 QPR ground name to revert to Loftus Road for 2022-23
- 2 Cricklewood estate reports 'major vermin' problem
- 3 Baby among three rescued from Willesden flat fire
- 4 Trial date for men charged with fatal stabbing of Emmanuel Odunlami
- 5 'Extremely dangerous' men convicted after girl kidnapped and raped
- 6 VOTE: Which north London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 7 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
- 8 'Strictest' headteacher to be documentary subject
- 9 Jailed: North London members of Essex drugs supply network
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Options for the future provision of the community cardiology service are currently being considered by Brent CCG. The CCG will engage with patients, clinicians and other stakeholders to further understand and meet the needs of the local population. Meanwhile, Brent CCG will continue to work closely with the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust and local GP practices during the transition.
For further information and updates, visit brentccg.nhs.uk