Alperton gym celebrates first Nurses’ Week with free sessions for nurses
- Credit: Archant
A gym in Alperton is launching a new campaign for nurses who will get free entry next week 24 hours a day.
The Gym London Alperton, in Ealing Road, is opening its doors for its first ever Nurses’ Week.
The campaign, to “look after the health of the key people that look after the health of the nation”, runs from August 10-17.
Nurses will get free entry which includes full use of all its facilities, access to classes and personal trainers any time of the day or night.
Local nurses will also be entered into a prize draw to win a free 12 month membership.
You may also want to watch:
Over 400,000 nurses work in the NHS, many of whom work long shifts and unsociable hours.
Fay Sabini, a recently qualified nurse working in a cardiology unit, said: “The job can get very busy and pressurised so a visit to The Gym helps me get rid of all that excess energy and help me unwind after a long day. I like to make use of the 24 hour opening times so sometimes after a 12½ hour night shift I go to the gym at 11pm and leave around 1am.”
- 1 Vigil held in Barn Hill for murdered sisters Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman
- 2 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 3 Missing 12-year-old boy from Kilburn found 'safe and well'
- 4 Childhood friends launch their first Their Story Film Festival in Kilburn
- 5 QPR boss Warburton excited for competitive football to return with fans
- 6 'Residents are going through hell as a result of flooding'
- 7 Loaded shotgun seized in Harlesden as police crack down on gang activity
- 8 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 9 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 10 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
Nurse Francesca Carey, a 27-year-old neonatal nurse, added: “Caring for the needs of a new-born who is either premature or very poorly requires a high level of technical expertise and the job can be both physically and mentally demanding. Exercise is my means of escape and it’s a fantastic way to relieve the stress that comes with the job.”
Antony Aleagha, general manager at The Gym London Alperton said: “We have seen a growing number of shift workers that make the most of our 24 hour, modern facilities to suit their lifestyles. We want to help people overcome any perceived barriers to keeping fit and maintaining their health. We are delighted to offer this special membership for local NHS staff.”
For more information or to download a free Nurses’ Week pass click here and insert code NHSWEEK.
Terms and conditions apply.