Head pays tribute to pupil killed in van collision in Wembley
- Credit: Archant
Boy, 5, died following accident in Empire Way
A school headteacher has paid tribute to a pupil killed in a van collision in Wembley yesterday evening.
The five-year-old boy, who police have not yet named, was air lifted to St Mary’s Hospital but died hours after the accident in Empire Way at 4.45pm.
The youngster attended Preston Manor Primary School in Carlton Avenue East, Wembley.
Matthew Lantos, the school’s headteacher, said: “Everyone at Preston Manor School is shocked and saddened by this tragic incident and our thoughts are with the family at this very sad time.
You may also want to watch:
“The school will be doing everything possible to support other children and families at the school.”
The van driver stopped at the scene. No arrests have been made.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 7 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 8 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 9 Dawn Butler calls for MP security 'overhaul' after death of David Amess
- 10 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact investigating officers on 020 8842 1817.