Have-a-go-hero who tried to stop bike theft attacked in Neasden
Teenager arrested after man coshed outside Charlies Wine Bar yesterday evening
A have-a-go hero who tried to stop an alleged robber from taking a man’s bike was left with gashes to his head and a dislocated finger after the suspect turned his attack on him.
The victim, 34, spotted the suspect trying to rob a man of his bicycle outside Charlies Wine Bar at Neasden Circle, yesterday (Sunday) at around 6.25pm.
After intervening, the man was hit on the head and collapsed to the floor as a group of young man fled.
Officers spotted the group fleeing the scene and gave chase – catching and arresting a 19-year-old male nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Police then found the victim lying on the floor and bleeding heavily from his head. Ambulance crews treated him at the scene as he refused to go to hospital.
A 19-year-old was arrested on suspicion of GBH and attempted robbery. He remains in custody.
- 1 Free vaccine walk-in at Central Middlesex Hospital
- 2 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 3 Teenager convicted of murdering Jamalie Deacon Matthew in Northwick Park
- 4 The Wembley flats with camper vans on the roof and furniture wearing boots
- 5 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 6 Sisters killed in Kingsbury stabbed with 'extreme force'
- 7 Fire-ravaged Neasden church hall set to be rebuilt
- 8 Kensal Rise group 'biggest team' taking on Blenheim Palace Triathlon 2021
- 9 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 10 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre