Have-a-go-hero who tried to stop bike theft attacked in Neasden
Teenager arrested after man coshed outside Charlies Wine Bar yesterday evening
A have-a-go hero who tried to stop an alleged robber from taking a man’s bike was left with gashes to his head and a dislocated finger after the suspect turned his attack on him.
The victim, 34, spotted the suspect trying to rob a man of his bicycle outside Charlies Wine Bar at Neasden Circle, yesterday (Sunday) at around 6.25pm.
After intervening, the man was hit on the head and collapsed to the floor as a group of young man fled.
Officers spotted the group fleeing the scene and gave chase – catching and arresting a 19-year-old male nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Police then found the victim lying on the floor and bleeding heavily from his head. Ambulance crews treated him at the scene as he refused to go to hospital.
A 19-year-old was arrested on suspicion of GBH and attempted robbery. He remains in custody.
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 4 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 5 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 6 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 7 Join the Craic in Cricklewood as four-day music festival returns to London
- 8 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 9 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears
- 10 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'