Harry Redknapp: David Beckham would be a good signing for any club
QPR manager Harry Redknapp believes that David Beckham would be a good signing for any club, but he has not spoken to him about a move.
The 65-year-old revealed that he had a text from the England captain when he took the job, wishing him well for his time at Loftus Road.
He said: “I got a lovely text from David the other night, not talking about himself coming, just wishing me all the best.
“He’s a top pro. I’ve never discussed him coming.
“To have him at any football club – he would be great on the team and the club. He’s a top class man.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve not discussed players with the chairman at all. There’s loads of ability here.
“What happens in January is way off. We need some points between now and then.”
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 4 Search continues for Agnes Akom after human remains found in Neasden
- 5 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 6 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 7 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
- 8 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 9 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 10 'I had to develop a thick skin': England's first black footballer Benjamin Odeje on encountering racism