Harry Redknapp: David Beckham would be a good signing for any club
QPR manager Harry Redknapp believes that David Beckham would be a good signing for any club, but he has not spoken to him about a move.
The 65-year-old revealed that he had a text from the England captain when he took the job, wishing him well for his time at Loftus Road.
He said: “I got a lovely text from David the other night, not talking about himself coming, just wishing me all the best.
“He’s a top pro. I’ve never discussed him coming.
“To have him at any football club – he would be great on the team and the club. He’s a top class man.
“I’ve not discussed players with the chairman at all. There’s loads of ability here.
“What happens in January is way off. We need some points between now and then.”
- 1 Residents lose appeal to save Brent leisure centre
- 2 Teenager grabbed and pulled towards car in broad daylight
- 3 Kensal Rise backstreets 'clogged with unused buses' group says
- 4 Sudbury: Plan for 52 one-bed flats falls through after appeal
- 5 Shocking reality of Brent housing crisis shown in new data
- 6 Women attacked on way home from night out in Wembley
- 7 Central Mosque of Brent launches Breathe Easy support group
- 8 Lexi Cinema: Hostile documentary 'shows effect of Theresa May policy'
- 9 HS2: Government hails 'incredible momentum' as Old Oak Common work continues
- 10 'Grandfather of Kensal Rise': Barber Gee Artrey dies at 86