Harry Redknapp: David Beckham would be a good signing for any club
QPR manager Harry Redknapp believes that David Beckham would be a good signing for any club, but he has not spoken to him about a move.
The 65-year-old revealed that he had a text from the England captain when he took the job, wishing him well for his time at Loftus Road.
He said: “I got a lovely text from David the other night, not talking about himself coming, just wishing me all the best.
“He’s a top pro. I’ve never discussed him coming.
“To have him at any football club – he would be great on the team and the club. He’s a top class man.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve not discussed players with the chairman at all. There’s loads of ability here.
“What happens in January is way off. We need some points between now and then.”
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 5 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 6 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 7 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 9 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 10 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce