Harlesden woman picked to front underwear campaign
Yvonne Akwetey was selected from thousands of women
A stunning Harlesden woman has been picked to front underwear label Ultimo’s new “real women” campaign.
Yvonne Akwetey, 24, who grew up in Ridley Road, is one of 11 women selected from thousands to appear in the big-budget fashion campaign.
She will join the likes of model Kelly Brook and ex Spice Girl Mel B as one of the faces of Ultimo after the company decided to celebrate natural curves.
Yvonne, who is a former student at the Convent of Jesus and Mary language college in Crownhill Road, Harlesden, and was a runner-up in last year’s Miss Ghana UK contest, said: “I had a fantastic time. I felt like a superstar right from the minute I was picked up and chauffeur-driven to the venue, to when I was driven back home. It was definitely a day to remember.”
You may also want to watch:
Michelle Mone OBE, creator of Ultimo, said: “I think a lot of women are just a bit fed up with seeing models with unrealistic body images that they can never achieve themselves.
“This campaign was about bringing together a group of normal girls who are happy with their bodies and proud to show them off.”
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 4 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 5 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 8 Brent residents invited to free Question Time event on climate change
- 9 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 10 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project