Harlesden woman picked to front underwear campaign
Yvonne Akwetey was selected from thousands of women
A stunning Harlesden woman has been picked to front underwear label Ultimo’s new “real women” campaign.
Yvonne Akwetey, 24, who grew up in Ridley Road, is one of 11 women selected from thousands to appear in the big-budget fashion campaign.
She will join the likes of model Kelly Brook and ex Spice Girl Mel B as one of the faces of Ultimo after the company decided to celebrate natural curves.
Yvonne, who is a former student at the Convent of Jesus and Mary language college in Crownhill Road, Harlesden, and was a runner-up in last year’s Miss Ghana UK contest, said: “I had a fantastic time. I felt like a superstar right from the minute I was picked up and chauffeur-driven to the venue, to when I was driven back home. It was definitely a day to remember.”
You may also want to watch:
Michelle Mone OBE, creator of Ultimo, said: “I think a lot of women are just a bit fed up with seeing models with unrealistic body images that they can never achieve themselves.
“This campaign was about bringing together a group of normal girls who are happy with their bodies and proud to show them off.”
- 1 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 2 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 3 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 4 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 5 London elections 2021: Brent & Harrow London Assembly candidates
- 6 Habitual car thief jailed for six months after stealing 11 vehicles
- 7 Election 2021: All the candidates for mayor of London
- 8 Willesden murder investigation: 'Horrified onlookers' watched on as man stabbed in High Road
- 9 Kilburn councillor resigns from Labour group to become Independent
- 10 QPR will look to wrap up the season strongly at home to Luton Town