Harlesden woman picked to front underwear campaign
Yvonne Akwetey was selected from thousands of women
A stunning Harlesden woman has been picked to front underwear label Ultimo’s new “real women” campaign.
Yvonne Akwetey, 24, who grew up in Ridley Road, is one of 11 women selected from thousands to appear in the big-budget fashion campaign.
She will join the likes of model Kelly Brook and ex Spice Girl Mel B as one of the faces of Ultimo after the company decided to celebrate natural curves.
Yvonne, who is a former student at the Convent of Jesus and Mary language college in Crownhill Road, Harlesden, and was a runner-up in last year’s Miss Ghana UK contest, said: “I had a fantastic time. I felt like a superstar right from the minute I was picked up and chauffeur-driven to the venue, to when I was driven back home. It was definitely a day to remember.”
You may also want to watch:
Michelle Mone OBE, creator of Ultimo, said: “I think a lot of women are just a bit fed up with seeing models with unrealistic body images that they can never achieve themselves.
“This campaign was about bringing together a group of normal girls who are happy with their bodies and proud to show them off.”
- 1 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 2 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 3 Stefan Johansen completes QPR switch from Fulham
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 8 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 9 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 10 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley