Harlesden: Vicious thug is sentenced
A teenager who punched a female bus driver after she asked him to pay for his ticket has been sentenced to 40 hours of community service for common assault and criminal damage. Brent Magistrates Court heard how Xavier Marecheau, 18, from Ridley Road, Ha
A teenager who punched a female bus driver after she asked him to pay for his ticket has been sentenced to 40 hours of community service for common assault and criminal damage.
Brent Magistrates' Court heard how Xavier Marecheau, 18, from Ridley Road, Harlesden, on February 10 tried to board a number 266 bus in Acton High Street, with his large crossbreed dog, without paying.
When the bus driver asked him for the fare, Marecheau tore off the large assault screen protecting the driver, and punched her several times in the head, before fleeing the scene.
The bus driver was taken to hospital and treated for swelling to her forehead and was off work for eight weeks because of the attack.
You may also want to watch:
Marecheau was snared after CCTV images of him were taken by the bus security camera, and circulated among officers.
An officer recognised Marecheau because of his distinctive dog, and he was arrested.
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 5 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 8 Brent residents invited to free Question Time event on climate change
- 9 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
Marecheau pleaded guilty to common assault and criminal damage at the court.
Chief Superintendent, Joe Royle Safer Transport Command said: "This was a completely senseless attack, causing injury and considerable damage."