Harlesden: Two taken to hospital as fire rips through shop
- Credit: Archant
Two people have been taken to hospital due to smoke and carbon monoxide inhalation following a blaze in Harlesden.
Roads are cordoned off as 35 firefighters continue to deal with a fire at a shop in Park Parade, where flames tore through the floor of the building which has flats about above it just after 7.30 this morning.
The London Fire Brigade said six crews worked on extinguishing the fire on the ground floor and the fire is now under control. Motorists are being advised to avoid the area.
Jerome Kumedzina, station manager, said: “The fire affected a large part of the building’s ground floor and first floor and our crews worked incredibly hard to get it under control.
“We will remain at the scene for some time damping down any remaining hot spots.
You may also want to watch:
Park Parade is still cordoned off while we continue to deal with the incident so motorists should avoid the area.”
The cause of the fire is not known at this stage
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 3 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 4 'They think I'm a cyborg' says maths supremo as Sparx programme gifted to six Brent schools
- 5 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 6 Born and bred Brent residents now priced out of £6.5m homes
- 7 The Chase's Dark Destroyer makes Covid vaccine film with Brent Council
- 8 15 questions to quiz how well you know Brent
- 9 Queen's Park nursery forced to close following damning Ofsted report
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer