Harlesden TSB team get on an exercise bike for charity
- Credit: Archant
Staff from a bank in Harlesden got on a bike to raise £360 for an old age charity by holding a fun day and bike ride challenge
The team from TSB in the High Street, held a fun day in their branch to raise funds of Age UK Brent.
Staff clocked up 149 miles on an exercise bike and held a raffle, and a tea and cupcake sale for the local charity.
The funds will be used to help promote the well-being of older people in the borough to ensure that later life is fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
Wendy Maynard, branch manager at TSB, said: “Our team in Harlesden have worked hard putting in a lot of time and dedication by to make this event a success. We have really enjoyed our fundraising fun day and doing our bike challenge, and we’d like to thank the local businesses who helped with the raffle. It is fantastic to know the difference that our efforts will make.”
You may also want to watch:
Dr Tony Burch, chairman of Age UK Brent, said: “We are hugely grateful to TSB and its partners here in Harlesden.
“The money they are raising and the general support we’re getting is helping us to deliver really important services in Brent. Having businesses like TSB supporting us locally is a great way of making our community stronger.”
- 1 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 2 Tapas restaurant The Star opens in Willesden Green with free parties
- 3 Application submitted to turn 'bed bug' hotel in Harlesden into HMO
- 4 Man who murdered Kilburn waiter jailed
- 5 QPR were soft in heavy Fulham defeat says boss Warburton
- 6 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 7 Wembley pensioner, 71, off to university with EuroMillions win
- 8 Estranged husband who set wife on fire in Stonebridge jailed
- 9 Noise abatement notice served against 'silent disco'
- 10 Man admits killing Kilburn waiter to end his days 'banged up' court hears