Harlesden community garden wins two London in Bloom awards
- Credit: FHTG
A small community garden in Harlesden has received a royal seal of approval with two horticultural awards.
Harlesden Town Garden, in Challenge Close, has won top accolades in the London in Bloom Awards, run by the Royal Horticultural Society.
Friends of Harlesden Town Garden (FHTG) received Gold in the Small Park of the Year category and were rated Outstanding in the It’s Your Neighbourhood category.
HTG was formed in 2013 to bring together the community.
Volunteers produce compost, conserve water and encourage local wildlife.
The garden is a haven for locals with raised beds for growing vegetables, flower borders, fruit trees and a wild-flower meadow.
Local artists have painted colourful murals around its periphery.
- 1 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 2 Man in stable condition following collision with a van in Neasden
- 3 Motorcyclist, 34, dies at Staples Corner Flyover
- 4 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 5 'Security alert' at Willesden Junction causing severe delays on TfL network
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 Man stabbed in Harlesden High Street
- 9 Wembley fitness instructor stopped man taking his own life
- 10 New Brent baby bank to support 40 families per week
“We are delighted to have the garden recognised in this way. It is a testament to the commitment of volunteers and supporters over the years and the value of the garden to the community,” said Gill Archer, chair of FHTG.
"If you’d like to visit to see what we’re about, please get in touch. We have raised beds to rent and always need volunteers, whatever your age, ability or background."
Contact email@example.com or visit on Saturdays 10 am to 1pm and ask for Green Club.