Harlesden school celebrates its diversity with special event
Newman Catholic College hosted their annual Community Day
A Harlesden school held a day of celebration honouring their diverse community.
Newman Catholic College, in Harlesden Road, hosted their annual Community Day, complete with stalls, music and attractions.
A huge inflatable obstacle course was also laid on supported by the school cadets with music provided by bands from the school.
Leeroy Simpson, chairman of the Harlesden Town Team, was on hand to open the celebrations while Mayor of Brent, Cllr Michael Adeyeye also joined in the fun.
You may also want to watch:
Cardox Ocran, Chair of the Friends of Newman College, said he was delighted at the support shown by the local community during the event last Saturday.
He said: “The schools growing popularity with the local community has been reflected by the large number of local people who came along to our community day.”
- 1 Daughter buys winning Set For Life lottery ticket for mum's birthday
- 2 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 3 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
- 4 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 5 Resident calls for 'slum launderette' to be taken off Neasden street
- 6 The road closures to look out for as Euro 2020 kicks off at Wembley
- 7 Father's Day 2021: Authors from Kingsbury and Kilburn share experiences of being a dad
- 8 Wembley Sailing Club offering families a free lesson in Welsh Harp
- 9 Appeal after passengers assaulted on buses in Cricklewood
- 10 Teenager killed sisters in 'sacrifice' deal with the devil, court hears