Harlesden school celebrates its diversity with special event
Newman Catholic College hosted their annual Community Day
A Harlesden school held a day of celebration honouring their diverse community.
Newman Catholic College, in Harlesden Road, hosted their annual Community Day, complete with stalls, music and attractions.
A huge inflatable obstacle course was also laid on supported by the school cadets with music provided by bands from the school.
Leeroy Simpson, chairman of the Harlesden Town Team, was on hand to open the celebrations while Mayor of Brent, Cllr Michael Adeyeye also joined in the fun.
You may also want to watch:
Cardox Ocran, Chair of the Friends of Newman College, said he was delighted at the support shown by the local community during the event last Saturday.
He said: “The schools growing popularity with the local community has been reflected by the large number of local people who came along to our community day.”
- 1 Wembley bar issued final warning for late nights and Covid 'breach'
- 2 Thirteen arrested following trafficking raids in Kingsbury and Romania
- 3 Neighbours call on council to halt Neasden underpass housing plans
- 4 Petrol crisis: Brawls, long queues and empty stations across Brent
- 5 Kingsbury bar loses alcohol licence for hosting parties during pandemic
- 6 Brondesbury park woman denies killing Wembley pensioner
- 7 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 8 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 9 Lib Dem resigns from Brent's budget scrutiny taskforce
- 10 Special needs school's bus cut due to petrol crisis