Harlesden: Royal Oak talent final
TOMORROW night s grand finale of an eagerly awaited talent competition expects hundreds of fans wanting to know who will be the borough s next big star, writes Andrew Cheng. One of Harlesden s best loved pubs, the Royal Oak, in the High Street, will wow
TOMORROW night's grand finale of an eagerly awaited talent competition expects hundreds of fans wanting to know who will be the borough's next big star, writes Andrew Cheng.
One of Harlesden's best loved pubs, the Royal Oak, in the High Street, will wow music lovers with the final of the Oak Factor, an event styled on the X-factor talent TV programme.
Following on from last year's overwhelming success, 12 contestants will compete for a total of �1,500 and a day in a recording studio.
Landlord, Danny Mulvihill said: "It was packed last year and people were struggling to get in the pub.
"There's some very good singers this year. There's a police woman, Jo Worrow, one of the favourites, as is Lydie White, 17, last year's winner who went on to win seven singing competitions and is going on to next year's X-factor, sponsored by the Royal Oak."
The competition kicks off a weekend of live music including Tim Buck Two at 9pm on Saturday and Ricky Purcell from 9pm on Sunday. For more information call 020 8965 0228 or visit
- 1 Man arrested after woman's rape allegation in Neasden
- 2 School turns itself around after 'sexual bullying' reports
- 3 Hundreds of young musicians to gather in Wembley for concert
- 4 Neasden pub refused late licence amid fears around crime
- 5 Hospital's new research centre officially opened by vaccine taskforce lead
- 6 Most wanted: 6 people sought in connection with 10 robberies across London
- 7 Rogue Wembley HGV trainer sentenced after selling non-existent training
- 8 Road closed after man's death in Willesden
- 9 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 10 Plea date set for men accused of fatal stabbing in Neasden