Harlesden: Royal Oak talent final
TOMORROW night s grand finale of an eagerly awaited talent competition expects hundreds of fans wanting to know who will be the borough s next big star, writes Andrew Cheng. One of Harlesden s best loved pubs, the Royal Oak, in the High Street, will wow
TOMORROW night's grand finale of an eagerly awaited talent competition expects hundreds of fans wanting to know who will be the borough's next big star, writes Andrew Cheng.
One of Harlesden's best loved pubs, the Royal Oak, in the High Street, will wow music lovers with the final of the Oak Factor, an event styled on the X-factor talent TV programme.
Following on from last year's overwhelming success, 12 contestants will compete for a total of �1,500 and a day in a recording studio.
Landlord, Danny Mulvihill said: "It was packed last year and people were struggling to get in the pub.
You may also want to watch:
"There's some very good singers this year. There's a police woman, Jo Worrow, one of the favourites, as is Lydie White, 17, last year's winner who went on to win seven singing competitions and is going on to next year's X-factor, sponsored by the Royal Oak."
The competition kicks off a weekend of live music including Tim Buck Two at 9pm on Saturday and Ricky Purcell from 9pm on Sunday. For more information call 020 8965 0228 or visit
- 1 Indian Covid variant found in Brent
- 2 Man arrested and knife found after police chase through Willesden Green
- 3 Two Brent gang members sentenced for £1.1m fraud involvement
- 4 Parents 'not consulted' on restructuring of Brondesbury Park primary school
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Three men arrested and gun seized after Neasden car stop
- 7 A full-time dedicated Euros Policing Team will police Wembley Stadium
- 8 Police 'determined' to find Wembley man who failed to appear at court
- 9 Person dies after being 'injured by a train' at Wembley station
- 10 Kingsbury teen appears in court charged with Brent Cross fatal stabbing