Harlesden: Royal Oak talent final
TOMORROW night s grand finale of an eagerly awaited talent competition expects hundreds of fans wanting to know who will be the borough s next big star, writes Andrew Cheng. One of Harlesden s best loved pubs, the Royal Oak, in the High Street, will wow
TOMORROW night's grand finale of an eagerly awaited talent competition expects hundreds of fans wanting to know who will be the borough's next big star, writes Andrew Cheng.
One of Harlesden's best loved pubs, the Royal Oak, in the High Street, will wow music lovers with the final of the Oak Factor, an event styled on the X-factor talent TV programme.
Following on from last year's overwhelming success, 12 contestants will compete for a total of �1,500 and a day in a recording studio.
Landlord, Danny Mulvihill said: "It was packed last year and people were struggling to get in the pub.
You may also want to watch:
"There's some very good singers this year. There's a police woman, Jo Worrow, one of the favourites, as is Lydie White, 17, last year's winner who went on to win seven singing competitions and is going on to next year's X-factor, sponsored by the Royal Oak."
The competition kicks off a weekend of live music including Tim Buck Two at 9pm on Saturday and Ricky Purcell from 9pm on Sunday. For more information call 020 8965 0228 or visit
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
- 3 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 8 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 9 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
- 10 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley