Harlesden man jailed for beating woman and keeping her hostage
Court hears victim was strangled until she passed out
A violent thug who attacked a woman with a baseball bat before strangling her and keeping her hostage has been jailed.
Harrow Crown Court heard Darren Bell, 33, attacked his 27-year-old victim when she visited him at his flat in High Street, Harlesden, on October 10 last year.
The pair began to argue and Bell smashed the woman across a knee with a baseball bat before strangling her until she passed out.
He held her against her will for five days until she managed to escape when he was sleeping.
You may also want to watch:
She raised the alarm and was taken to hospital where she was treated for a broken knee cap.
Bell, who has since moved to Thornton Heath, south London, was arrested.
- 1 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 2 Boyfriend of murder victim 'fell to knees' at discovering body in Kingsbury
- 3 Football fan in serious condition after falling from Wembley stand
- 4 Data shows Delta is fast-becoming Brent's dominant Covid-strain
- 5 Brent Chinese gets green light for alcohol delivery despite concerns
- 6 Man accused of sisters' double murder was 'confused' upon arrest
- 7 Euro 2020: Dykes loses opener as Niko Hamalainen seals win with Finland
- 8 Man arrested after Harlesden stabbing
- 9 Wembley business man wins £120,000 National Lottery prize
- 10 Photographer seeks people he took pictures of in the early 1990s
Yesterday (Thursday), Bell was sentenced to seven years in jail after he was convicted of grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm at an earlier trial in August.