Harlesden man jailed for beating woman and keeping her hostage
Court hears victim was strangled until she passed out
A violent thug who attacked a woman with a baseball bat before strangling her and keeping her hostage has been jailed.
Harrow Crown Court heard Darren Bell, 33, attacked his 27-year-old victim when she visited him at his flat in High Street, Harlesden, on October 10 last year.
The pair began to argue and Bell smashed the woman across a knee with a baseball bat before strangling her until she passed out.
He held her against her will for five days until she managed to escape when he was sleeping.
You may also want to watch:
She raised the alarm and was taken to hospital where she was treated for a broken knee cap.
Bell, who has since moved to Thornton Heath, south London, was arrested.
- 1 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 4 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 5 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat to Brent from climate emergency
- 6 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 7 Qusai Alomar, 12, dies after collision involving motorcyclist near Wembley
- 8 Premier League dream will continue to push clubs into crisis says QPR boss
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Boy, 12, in life-threatening condition after Wembley crash
Yesterday (Thursday), Bell was sentenced to seven years in jail after he was convicted of grievous bodily harm and actual bodily harm at an earlier trial in August.