Harlesden headteacher suspended over financial mismanagement allegations
Alan King, head of Furness Primary School, has been suspended as Brent Council launch an investigation into the claims
THE HEADTEACHER of a primary has been suspended after allegations of financial and curriculum mismanagement were made against the school.
Alan King, head at Furness Primary School, in Furness Road, Harlesden, was removed from his post by Brent Council.
The council has also suspended the right of the governing body of the school to operate its delegated budget.
A council spokeswoman said the decision to suspend Mr King was taken to allow a full investigation into the allegations, and did not mean he is guilty of misconduct.
You may also want to watch:
Sylvie Libson has been appointed acting headteacher.
Governors have received a confidential letter of warning from Brent Council stating concerns relating to the allegations.
- 1 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 2 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 3 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 4 Brent MP order out of Commons after accusing Prime Minister of lying 'over and over again'
- 5 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 6 Wembley: Fan robbed of watch after Euro 2020 final
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
- 9 Men from Canning Town and Leytonstone charged with theft from Wembley Stadium
- 10 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
They have until January 25 to lodge their comments.
Parents and staff have been informed of the move.
A council spokeswoman said: “The council is unable to comment on the details of the allegations or on what, if any, action may need to be taken in the future.
“It would be inappropriate to do so at this stage as the allegations are subject to an ongoing investigation which may be prejudiced by disclosure of details of the case.
“An acting head teacher has been appointed, who will ensure that the wellbeing and education of students is not affected in any way.”