Harlesden hairdresser is a cut above the rest
Stylist sweeps up at industry award ceremony
For some in the business it’s a case of hair today, gone tomorrow but one hairdresser has shown she’s a cut above the rest – by cleaning up at an awards ceremony.
Mother-of-two Marcia Johnson, who trained at the College of North West London in Dudden Hill, Willesden, proved she has still got the cutting edge when she scooped the stylist of the year award at the Afro Hair and Beauty Live 2011 awards.
The win in the Sensational icon Avant Garde category was followed up with a second place finish in the Stop Watch Stylist 2011 category.
Ms Johnson from Harlesden, now owns a salon in Hampstead and is undoubtedly the most successful hairdresser the college has ever produced having won seven awards in just four years.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Johnson said: “I have always had a creative mind, and I always want to produce something different and unique year on year. I am passionate about what I do, am very competitive, but ultimately have to put in a lot of hard work to achieve it.
“The course I took at the College helped me follow my dream and turn it into a reality, and for that I am forever grateful.”
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 3 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 8 QPR boss Warburton 'frustrated' with defeat away to Bournemouth
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'