Harlesden hairdresser is a cut above the rest
Stylist sweeps up at industry award ceremony
For some in the business it’s a case of hair today, gone tomorrow but one hairdresser has shown she’s a cut above the rest – by cleaning up at an awards ceremony.
Mother-of-two Marcia Johnson, who trained at the College of North West London in Dudden Hill, Willesden, proved she has still got the cutting edge when she scooped the stylist of the year award at the Afro Hair and Beauty Live 2011 awards.
The win in the Sensational icon Avant Garde category was followed up with a second place finish in the Stop Watch Stylist 2011 category.
Ms Johnson from Harlesden, now owns a salon in Hampstead and is undoubtedly the most successful hairdresser the college has ever produced having won seven awards in just four years.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Johnson said: “I have always had a creative mind, and I always want to produce something different and unique year on year. I am passionate about what I do, am very competitive, but ultimately have to put in a lot of hard work to achieve it.
“The course I took at the College helped me follow my dream and turn it into a reality, and for that I am forever grateful.”
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 4 Search continues for Agnes Akom after human remains found in Neasden
- 5 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 6 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 7 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
- 8 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 9 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 10 'I had to develop a thick skin': England's first black footballer Benjamin Odeje on encountering racism