Harlesden foodies open community caf� in Kilburn
The Lounge Cafe is located inside Kingsgate Community Centre
Two foodies from Harlesden officially opened the doors to their new community caf� in Kilburn yesterday.
Maria Kuehn and Zina Manda, of Greenhill Road, launched The Lounge Caf� at a special event attended by Cllr Heather Johnson, the Mayor of Camden.
Located in Kingsgate Community Centre in Kingsgate Road, the eatery offers hot and cold food at low prices.
Ms Kuehn said: “We are not greedy entrepreneurs - we just want to serve the community so this caf� is about proper home made food at affordable prices.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Kuehn has been catering for private events for the last 15 years and won a number of accolades including the recipe category of last year’s Observer awards and beating Gordon Ramsey in a curry contest by Olive magazine.
She added: “We opened on Monday and we have already got a few regular customers.
- 1 Men jailed after Leon Maxwell gunned down in Queensbury
- 2 Human remains found in Neasden believed to be missing Agnes Akom
- 3 Appeal for information after man shot in Stonebridge
- 4 Search continues for Agnes Akom after human remains found in Neasden
- 5 Two arrests after man shot and teenager stabbed in Queen's Park
- 6 'Piercing scream' heard night two sisters killed in Kingsbury park
- 7 Mass vaccination event taking place at Bridge Park Community Centre
- 8 Jailed: Dollis Hill man who had submachine gun, over £200k cash and drugs
- 9 Man to appear at Old Bailey charged with murder of missing Agnes Akom
- 10 'I had to develop a thick skin': England's first black footballer Benjamin Odeje on encountering racism
“Some people have said our prices are too reasonable!”
Ms Kuehn and Ms Manda, a marketing expert, hope to make the winning chicken curry a signature dish of the caf� alongside a mouth-watering chocolate cake recipe.
For more information about the caf� or to book Ms Kuehn for a private event call 07990506609 or visit mindingbellieswell.blogspot.co.uk