Harlesden foodies open community caf� in Kilburn
The Lounge Cafe is located inside Kingsgate Community Centre
Two foodies from Harlesden officially opened the doors to their new community caf� in Kilburn yesterday.
Maria Kuehn and Zina Manda, of Greenhill Road, launched The Lounge Caf� at a special event attended by Cllr Heather Johnson, the Mayor of Camden.
Located in Kingsgate Community Centre in Kingsgate Road, the eatery offers hot and cold food at low prices.
Ms Kuehn said: “We are not greedy entrepreneurs - we just want to serve the community so this caf� is about proper home made food at affordable prices.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Kuehn has been catering for private events for the last 15 years and won a number of accolades including the recipe category of last year’s Observer awards and beating Gordon Ramsey in a curry contest by Olive magazine.
She added: “We opened on Monday and we have already got a few regular customers.
- 1 Series of sexual assaults reported in Dollis Hill
- 2 Man stabbed stranger to death in cemetery as public tried to intervene
- 3 Footage released of Neasden shooting to help catch 'dangerous offender'
- 4 Call for teams for football tournament in memory of Josh Hanson
- 5 Kensal Rise Triathlon team raises £130,800 for local charities
- 6 Repair Shop's Jay Blades hosts bingo for older Londoners
- 7 QPR boss Warburton 'frustrated' with defeat away to Bournemouth
- 8 Neasden neighbours' petition against parking and fines plan
- 9 'Erratic, violent' man given indefinite hospital order for killing 'friendly' neighbour in Wembley
- 10 Police looking for man in Wembley after 'threats to kill'
“Some people have said our prices are too reasonable!”
Ms Kuehn and Ms Manda, a marketing expert, hope to make the winning chicken curry a signature dish of the caf� alongside a mouth-watering chocolate cake recipe.
For more information about the caf� or to book Ms Kuehn for a private event call 07990506609 or visit mindingbellieswell.blogspot.co.uk