Harlesden foodies open community caf� in Kilburn
The Lounge Cafe is located inside Kingsgate Community Centre
Two foodies from Harlesden officially opened the doors to their new community caf� in Kilburn yesterday.
Maria Kuehn and Zina Manda, of Greenhill Road, launched The Lounge Caf� at a special event attended by Cllr Heather Johnson, the Mayor of Camden.
Located in Kingsgate Community Centre in Kingsgate Road, the eatery offers hot and cold food at low prices.
Ms Kuehn said: “We are not greedy entrepreneurs - we just want to serve the community so this caf� is about proper home made food at affordable prices.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Kuehn has been catering for private events for the last 15 years and won a number of accolades including the recipe category of last year’s Observer awards and beating Gordon Ramsey in a curry contest by Olive magazine.
She added: “We opened on Monday and we have already got a few regular customers.
- 1 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 2 Man admits murdering waiter in Kilburn 38 years ago
- 3 Two men arrested in connection with Jeffrey Wegby killing
- 4 Behind Closed Doors: The high number of Brent evictions
- 5 Pensioner slams Brent Council over 'hell' housing
- 6 £20,000 reward to find killer of man gunned down in South Kilburn
- 7 Wembley landlady slammed with £144,000 fine after illegally renting properties
- 8 'It's yours to keep', Boney M's Liz Mitchell talks NFTs, new old music and a future world tour
- 9 Appeal after woman, 69, allegedly raped in Neasden Recreation Ground
- 10 Charlie Cooper guides Wealdstone to victory at King's Lynn Town
“Some people have said our prices are too reasonable!”
Ms Kuehn and Ms Manda, a marketing expert, hope to make the winning chicken curry a signature dish of the caf� alongside a mouth-watering chocolate cake recipe.
For more information about the caf� or to book Ms Kuehn for a private event call 07990506609 or visit mindingbellieswell.blogspot.co.uk