Harlesden-born Shanie Richie to host Christmas Jim’ll Fix It special
Actor will make dreams come true for a new generation of youngsters
Harlesden-born actor Shane Richie is taking on the role of the late Sir Jimmy Savile in a Christmas revival of Jim’ll Fix It.
The 47-year-old, who attended Willesden High School (now City Academy in Doyle Gardens, will host the half-hour edition of the BBC1 show, in which the dreams of young viewers come true.
Cigar-chomping TV legend Sir Jimmy, who died earlier this month aged 84, was one of TV’s most popular stars thanks to his “fix-its” on the Saturday evening show which was broadcast between 1975 and 1994.
The new programme will even feature the original theme tune, although the BBC says it will have a “modern twist”.
You may also want to watch:
Danny Cohen, BBC1 controller, said: “I think it will be a great tribute to Jimmy to re-create his famous show as a Christmas treat for audiences.”
Shane who stars as Alfie Moon in EastEnders, said: “On being asked what my memories were on the iconic BBC1 series Jim’ll Fix It, the visions of stories and people came flooding back, as it was compulsive television in our house and all my friends would talk about the ‘fix-its’.
- 1 Man arrested following shooting in Kingsbury
- 2 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 3 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 4 London elections 2021 live: Latest Brent results as they come in
- 5 Wembley attacker draws large knife after being chased by victims
- 6 Stop and search order placed on parts of Brent due to 'gang tensions'
- 7 Residents priced out the area they grew up in
- 8 Man appears in court charged with the murder of Michael Fadayomi in Willesden
- 9 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 10 Man, 40, stabbed to death in Willesden
“I even wrote in, but wasn’t one of the lucky ones. I’m honoured to be part of this Christmas special and salute Sir Jimmy and fix it for a new generation.”
Hopefuls who want to take part in the show should be 14 or under and can apply by sending their wish to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 25.