Harlesden barbershop owner will help design Kingsbury primary school
Faisal Abdu’Allah, a renowned artist, will assist Brent Council with the new look Village School
A renowned artist and barbershop owner has been chosen to help create a design for the redevelopment of a Brent primary school.
Faisal Abdu’Allah, who lives and works in Brent has been chosen to help the council design the new look Village School in Stag Lane, Kingsbury.
Mr Abdu’Allah owns Faisal barbers in Harrow Road, Harlesden.
A competition, launched in February encouraged artists and designers to come forward with their suggestions for the design of the school and were asked to develop a concept that was both welcoming and inviting to the community.
You may also want to watch:
The designs for the artwork were then judged by a panel including governors, architects and Brent Council officers.
Mr Abdu’Allah’s concept of working together with pupils to create portraits of their facial features before editing them with photoshop was chosen as the winner.
- 1 Two men charged with murder in connection with missing pensioner with links to Willesden
- 2 Police appeal to find missing 12-year-old boy
- 3 'Brave new streets of London' – photo collection captures a city under Covid
- 4 Officer's leg broken after e-scooter rider fails to stop, say police
- 5 Landlord faces jail if he tries to evict Kilburn tenants
- 6 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 7 Diamond thief prepared for £4.2m heist at Cricklewood hotel
- 8 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 9 More images released after 'violence and disorder' at Euro 2020 final at Wembley
- 10 Teenager jailed for murder of Jamalie Maleek in Northwick Park
A spokesman for Brent Council praised Mr Abdu’Allah’s ‘inclusive and orginal’ design.
He added: “He has shown a very sensitive understanding of the student’s needs and the importance of giving the school a strong identity.”
The construction of the new Village School is due for completion the spring of 2013 and the school will open in its new premises in September 2013.