Handbag thief banned from all pubs in London for 25 years
- Credit: Archant
A night out or a meal in a restaurant has become a no-no for handbag thief who has been banned from pubs and eateries in London for 25 years.
Rodney Williams will be age 59 the next time he is able to step foot inside a public house, bar, restaurant, café, club or any licence premises without permission from the manager or owner.
The 34-year-old has been handed the unusually long Asbo after he admitted trawling pubs, clubs and restaurants along the A10 corridor in Hackney to steal customers’ handbags, mobile phones and laptops.
Last week he admitted 13 counts of theft and was jailed for four years.
Once he is released he faces years of quiet nights in but he is allowed to pop into licensed supermarkets to stock up on booze.
You may also want to watch:
Acting Chief Inspector Ian Simpkins, from Hackney Police, said: “This is an excellent result which has seen a prolific thief receive a suitably restrictive ASBO.”
- 1 QPR 'didn't do enough to win the game' in Peterborough defeat
- 2 Free #BuyBrent app launched with exclusive shop local discounts
- 3 Doctor fears another covid lockdown as vaccine take up 'wanes'
- 4 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
- 7 Women have access to free period packs in six Brent locations
- 8 Top Boy actor Bashy returns to Harlesden school to surprise pupils
- 9 Two schoolboys arrested after community officer 'assaulted' in Wembley
- 10 Boys, 14, charged with assaulting community officer