Hampstead and Kilburn MP Tulip Siddiq gives birth to her first baby
- Credit: Archant
MP Tulip Siddiq has given birth to her first child, a girl, at The Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead.
The Hampstead and Kilburn MP broke the news on Twitter this morning after giving birth on Friday.
She and her husband, Chris Percy, have named their first child Azalea Joy.
During her pregnancy, Ms Siddiq had said she was thinking of naming her child after a flower, as her own name has always proved a talking point.
She said in her tweet that staff at the Pond Street hospital had been “absolutely amazing”.
During her pregnancy, Ms Siddiq campaigned for non-invasive testing for Down’s Syndrome to be made available to all women on the NHS after revealing she had been forced to pay privately for the test.
Ms Siddiq and her husband have received hundreds of messages of congratulations on Twitter today.
- 1 QPR looking to strengthen squad in January transfer window
- 2 ‘Black girls can game too’: Wembley woman wants to inspire young girls with gaming videos
- 3 Wembley: Anger as council 'bullies' opposition over library demolition
- 4 New Willesden kebab shop promises 40 jobs to locals
- 5 Guilty: Man killed father who defended son from knife attack in Willesden
- 6 Primary school pupils approached by 'man in a van' in attempted abduction
- 7 Jailed: Brent gangsters who shot a man in his stomach at close range
- 8 Parents lobby for improved road safety on Harrow Road
- 9 Drunk Euro 2020 football fan 'saved from Wembley fall by Brent Council employee'
- 10 Bid for amazing prizes to support Queen's Park and Kensal charities