Hammer attack thug jailed
A MAN who launched a frenzied hammer attack on a prostitute has been jailed for eight years. Christopher Hughes, 28, of Bravington Road, Maida Vale, smashed Lithuanian escort girl Loredana Cirstouiu, 27, over the head a number of times after the working
A MAN who launched a frenzied hammer attack on a prostitute has been jailed for eight years.
Christopher Hughes, 28, of Bravington Road, Maida Vale, smashed Lithuanian escort girl Loredana Cirstouiu, 27, over the head a number of times after the working girl came to his flat in the early hours of April this year.
Hughes, a plasterer by trade, launched the attack after Ms Cirstouiu prepared to leave the flat after spending time with him.
Ms Cirstouiu, who had already been with Hughes earlier on in the day and came back at his request, only escaped after smashing the glass in a bedroom window and fleeing.
You may also want to watch:
The battered woman felt a series of blows from behind and heard Hughes screaming: "I'll kill you."
Kicking out at the window, Ms Cirstouiu hauled herself through the hole and was found stained with blood by a member of the public who helped her get to hospital.
- 1 Kilburn grandmother hears 'terrific bang' as bathroom ceiling collapses
- 2 QPR boss pleased with Man United win and now looking to tie down Odubajo
- 3 Residents anger as fourth gambling casino approved in Willesden street
- 4 Brent gang members convicted of shooting a man in Enfield
- 5 New QPR signing Stefan Johansen wants to push for promotion
- 6 Traffic disruptions in Brent from July 26 to August 1
- 7 Tokyo Olympics: Brondesbury Park pupils wish swimmer Tom Dean luck
- 8 Fury as Brent's planning committees approves 'another high-rise' hotel in Wembley
- 9 Petition against LTNs in Cricklewood exceeds 1,000 signatures
- 10 Brent motorists hit with 2,633 blue badge penalty notices in 2020
Hughes, who has a previous conviction for rape, called police himself and admitted to the crime and was arrested and charged with attempted murder.
Police traced the victim, who is from Earl's Court, to a hospital in Chelsea where she was being treated for head injuries including a four centimetre gash.
Hughes appeared at the Old Bailey in July where he pleaded guilty to attempted murder and was back in court for sentencing on September 4.
Det Con Jon Hill, Westminster Serious Violence Team, said: "This was a vicious and unprovoked attack which could potentially have proved fatal.
"Although the young woman suffered injuries to her head she was very fortunate that she managed to escape before the situation became even more serious.