Hammer attack thug jailed
A MAN who launched a frenzied hammer attack on a prostitute has been jailed for eight years. Christopher Hughes, 28, of Bravington Road, Maida Vale, smashed Lithuanian escort girl Loredana Cirstouiu, 27, over the head a number of times after the working
A MAN who launched a frenzied hammer attack on a prostitute has been jailed for eight years.
Christopher Hughes, 28, of Bravington Road, Maida Vale, smashed Lithuanian escort girl Loredana Cirstouiu, 27, over the head a number of times after the working girl came to his flat in the early hours of April this year.
Hughes, a plasterer by trade, launched the attack after Ms Cirstouiu prepared to leave the flat after spending time with him.
Ms Cirstouiu, who had already been with Hughes earlier on in the day and came back at his request, only escaped after smashing the glass in a bedroom window and fleeing.
You may also want to watch:
The battered woman felt a series of blows from behind and heard Hughes screaming: "I'll kill you."
Kicking out at the window, Ms Cirstouiu hauled herself through the hole and was found stained with blood by a member of the public who helped her get to hospital.
- 1 Brent Council ordered to apologise and pay wheelchair user £27,000
- 2 'It's heartbreaking': Volunteer slams Mayhew Animal Charity plans
- 3 'Unacceptable' failings in Met's handling of missing sisters
- 4 Brent's parks and gardens are big winners of London in Bloom awards
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 QPR boss Warburton 'stunned' by Carabao Cup exit
- 7 Review: Masalchi street food restaurant in Wembley Park
- 8 Brent residents invited to free Question Time event on climate change
- 9 Derelict land in Kenton transformed by community bio diversity project
- 10 Pink mob: Two Harlesden women among gang jailed for drug offences valued at £2million
Hughes, who has a previous conviction for rape, called police himself and admitted to the crime and was arrested and charged with attempted murder.
Police traced the victim, who is from Earl's Court, to a hospital in Chelsea where she was being treated for head injuries including a four centimetre gash.
Hughes appeared at the Old Bailey in July where he pleaded guilty to attempted murder and was back in court for sentencing on September 4.
Det Con Jon Hill, Westminster Serious Violence Team, said: "This was a vicious and unprovoked attack which could potentially have proved fatal.
"Although the young woman suffered injuries to her head she was very fortunate that she managed to escape before the situation became even more serious.